compare to "Chicken Run"

I actually watched the movie and wonder what type of feed they used and how the constructed their coops on the poultry ranch.
lol.png
I need help!
lau.gif

LOL! I named one of my RIR Ginger after the movie. My two year old calls it the bok bok movie.

I had a funny little game type female I named Ginger, purely after that movie.

Someone had dumped a flock of gamebirds out our way and the predators got all of them, so I thought. Well a couple months after seeing the flock on the side of the road, this little reddish hen started hanging around my flock. I began throwing her a little bit of food, I really admired her because she was the sole survivor of her flock and then one of the last three surviving hens on my place after we were visited by a red fox. This was a tough little hen. She ended up running into the coop behind me one day so I shut her in.

Well, I free range my flock in the afternoons and I couldn't figure out why this little hen could eat so much food and I be lucky if she kick out an egg a week. She was a young bird for sure, but she didn't lay very much. She met me at the coop door this Valentines day pacing to be let out. She ran by me and instead of following the other hens to the favored foraging spot she did a quick U-turn and ran into the dark barn. I followed her into the barn and lost her. I heard rustling and in this huge pile of junk I saw her nestled in the horse hay. Thinking she was sitting on two or three eggs I picked her up because I wanted to see how many eggs she was REALLY laying. That brave, smart little hen was sitting on a full dozen there in the hay. LOL

She was one of the smarter more independant birds I've had the pleasure of owning. Ginger, the escaped(dumped really) sole survivor, the out-foxer of foxes, and the hoarder of eggs. LOL

So yes, I thought of that movie in comparison to my birds. LOL
wink.png
lol.png

-Kim

Back
Top Bottom