Complaining neighbor help

If you have 30 acres and your Guineas ended up at the neighbor's its because there was something there that attracted them. Put some hanging bird feeders out for the wild birds, any seed that falls will help keep them busy. Put some mirrors up outside of their coop, mine stop every day to fight with the Guinea in the looking glass.

And do not clip their wings or put them in a tractor. For a Guinea that is beyond cruel. They need space, they need exercise.

I Got My Guineas At 3 Months I Think. They Were Always Given Free Range At The 90 Acre Farm they Were On, And Were Big Wanderers. I Keep Them On A 3/4 Acre Property In Town And They Never Fly, And Only Stay Within A Garden Area Of About 20 Sq. Metres

Thanks for all the suggestions. Even Sam's! :)

My original ones never left the large barnyard area until the wild turkeys took them on a neighborhood tour. They found a neighbor down the road who puts all sort of feeders out. The turkeys frequent her place and she loves them. She also loved our Guineas. So did all the other neighbors. It was my next door neighbor who hated them. He complains about our dogs barking too.
And yes, they did trespass, so I felt obligated to act on his complaint.
My friend, whose neighbor is shooting her birds, has received a hefty ticket from the animal control officer. Roaming charges. She is going to fight it. She says it doesn't apply to the Guineas, but I am not so sure.
I only hope our little guys don't follow the turkeys, and instead hang with the chickens. I will let them out only in the evening at first and go from there. I really don't want to keep them contained in a small coop. They do need their freedom, and besides we got them for tick patrol.
It is amazing how one neighbor can cause so much distress. I know other folks who have had guineas for years and years, and nary a word from the many neighbors!
Ann

I cant really offer any help other than I think if you keep the guineas with your chickens they are more likely to hang around. I had a problem wiht my older cocks getting after my chickens in their second year so well, they tasted pretty good. My neighbor had guineas long before we did and they came and visited nearly daily. I really dont understand why folks care. I sure didnt they would come down and yell at all of us and then go back home. If I got tired of them I could shoo them off and they would snarl the whole way home,. but they always went home.

Best of luck

Back
Top Bottom