complete mystery UPDATE LAST POST

annie3001

My Girls
13 Years
Jun 11, 2009
Ct.
!!!omg..
hit.gif
my favorite chicken is missing!! i am so sad.
hit.gif

i was sure i put her back in the coop.. before i went out to the store.. i always lock up the girls in the coop at night, i did my head count.. and she was misssing!! its so dark now!!
hit.gif
i am lost without her...
hit.gif

she was so calm so sweet... i hope i find her!! i havent a clue whathappened too. i checked the coop and see no-breaking in entrys.!!
hu.gif

omg i cant believe this is happening!
hit.gif

34076_ry400-11.jpeg

Last edited:
What a terrible empty feeling to have one missing!
hugs.gif
Does she like to perch in trees or shrubs? Could she have been frightened by someone or something and hidden herself away? I do hope you find her somewhere safe and sound. Please keep us posted.

i dont know where she is still.. i keep going back in the house with flashlights... i am going crazy.., (crying) my little kids are concerned too. i have to stay brave for the chicken and well my sanity.
she has always been very skiddish,, so this does not make matters better. we have a fenced in yard. shes never flown over. i left home to go out for only 1 hour.,,,, they get locked into the run while i am out. i am just wondering upon (her ) lock up.. she slipped out of the door? anything is possible. i feel awful. she loved us humans. loved us more than the other chickens actually.
she was finally laying eggs and comming out to be social with the other chicksens. i am just so shocked... like omg...(sad)
sad.png

Could she have found a place to roost somewhere else in the yard after finding that she was locked out for the night? If the yard is fenced, I would think that she wouldn't have disappeared due to a four-legged animal passing buy. Being pessimistic, it could have been a predator from the air. I'm still holding out for the fact that she missed her curfew and had to find someplace else to perch.

yeah i was thinking about a hawk or something (in the air).
it doesnt take much to frigtened her. it just got so dark so fast.. i didnt have much time.
i turned the heat lamp on to the coops.. in hopes she will stay near the light etc.
i have a enclosed screened in back porch (chickens have been known to come up on that) so i am going to put some lights on their for her. in hopes she might come there for the night.
i never thought this would happen. i have read here on the group about so many incidents, and its hearbreaking,,, but when it happens to you. well its just as tough to deal with. thanks for your support.
hit.gif

not knowing is the hard part. my neighbors are too far apart for me to even go ask (plus because we are out in the county i barely even know them)
sad.png

Last edited:
i have to go to work real early in the morning, ill be back home about 11am... but good thing, the hubby will be home.... ill have him check things out again.
if shes scared and its dark and lots of fallen leaves, do you think she stay hidden for the night? would she come to my voice? i was calling for her,,, that usually makes her appear..
hit.gif

i wish i had a giant flashlight... we dont even have street lights.

Last edited:
update:
still no little chicken. my heart ackes.
hit.gif

before going off to work, i went outside with my flashlight, calling for her... still no sign. i hope it was quick and painless if she was taken.
hit.gif

will update some more when i get home later on today.
sad.png

:loveShe was found alive and well!!! my husband checked again in the run.. theres a tarp in there in the corner (for blocking the wind) well she was behind the tarp!!! she was a bit cold but fine!!!!!!!
celebrate.gif

i am soooooooHAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CANT WAIT TO get home and give her a big OL' kiss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

life is good!

Back
Top Bottom