COMPLETELY New to Chickens!!!

The only thing that you will find in my bomb shelter is, myself. Food for a year, and five lovely chickens (and my shotgun pointed at your face, if you tried to take anything! Just saying. ) wonderful thoughts on Christmas Day isn’t it? :barnie
Oh, I forgot I will have my 80 yr old neighbor here too! (Great apple pies)

Welcome to BYC hope we can help:jumpy
Since you live in yr round warm weather they could be outside at 2wks i know it seems so young but for them its not they only live 7-9yrs and because you live in such a warm environment I would suggest an open air coop its 3walls of wire and 1solid wall i live in Northern Ohio and I have an open air coop with inserts for winter have funn and never forget all questions are great questions so ask away

Attachments

• 20200603_075646.jpg
    20200603_075646.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 1
Welcome to BYC hope we can help:jumpy
Since you live in yr round warm weather they could be outside at 2wks i know it seems so young but for them its not they only live 7-9yrs and because you live in such a warm environment I would suggest an open air coop its 3walls of wire and 1solid wall i live in Northern Ohio and I have an open air coop with inserts for winter have funn and never forget all questions are great questions so ask away
Thank you very much! I planned on putting in a lot of open areas for the coop, but thank you for this info as I may put more in now too! It's cold out today and has been on and off. They've still been inside as we haven't finished the coop. But planning on it in the next few days! Do you use any fans in yours?

Back
Top Bottom