Complimentary chicken ringtones - FUNNNY HAPPENING

Discussion in 'BYC Website & Forum Feedback & Announcements' started by jjthink, Aug 9, 2007.

1. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Hi - Would love my cell to crow or cluck [​IMG] but when I tried to activate the ringtone download via the ad on this site (it appears sometimes on main page) it seems only to take me to places that charge 10 bucks a month even though the ad said "complimentary". Has anyone figured this out? Thanks!!!!!!!!!!! JJ

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

Note: In case people aren't aware: The ads on BYC are from Google's AdSense program. Advertisers go through Google and thus the advertisers are not directly associated with BYC.

3. chickflick

chickflick Overrun With Chickens

Mar 10, 2007
    Dimondale
    Had the same problem as you did. [​IMG]

4. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator Staff Member

As with any offer, make sure you read all the fine print. I looked at the ringtone site and noticed that when you sign up for the free offer you are also signing up for a program.

5. Carole AM

Carole AM Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 12, 2007
    Goshen, Indiana
    I recently got a TracPhone, and we found a rooster ringtone in it! Now when the phone crows, I go look outside! [​IMG]

6. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Thanks Nifty!!

7. joebwe25

joebwe25 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2007
    St. Louis, Mo.
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. BeckyLa

BeckyLa Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 11, 2007
    N. Louisiana
    Oh My Gosh!! TracPhone has a rooseter ringtone?? I have a Tracphone (love it and it's cheap for me) but I didn't know about the rooster. Oh Hunny.........*going off to find dh*

9. jjthink

jjthink Overrun With Chickens

Jan 17, 2007
    New Jersey
    Now I want a TracPhone! What is a TracPhone??!!

10. jessied1227

jessied1227 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    East Brady, PA
    TracFone is a pre-paid wireless company with low-cost cell phones that you can buy time cards for. We had one for a couple years, but switched to verizon about a year and a half ago.

You can buy them at Wal-Mart for about $49 and up. My Mom has one and just loves it. No credit checks, no contracts, fairly decent coverage.

Jess

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by