Compost

Lupa Duende

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 7, 2012
We have a great deal of spoiled hay that my chickens love digging through and I am always impressed how quickly the chooks can scratch through my manure pile, reducing it to mulch.

I am trying to keep up financially and recieved permission from my canton to sell compost.

How do people bag compost to sell?

While i would prefer that people drive in with their own reuseable plastic containers, i also want to have some compost bagged and ready to sell.

Are there compost bags that are biodegrable and affordable so that i ban pre-bag compost for sale?

Whete do I look for advice? What do other people do with their coop waste?

Thank you in advance.

We have a great deal of spoiled hay that my chickens love digging through and I am always impressed how quickly the chooks can scratch through my manure pile, reducing it to mulch.

I am trying to keep up financially and recieved permission from my canton to sell compost.

How do people bag compost to sell?

While i would prefer that people drive in with their own reuseable plastic containers, i also want to have some compost bagged and ready to sell.

Are there compost bags that are biodegrable and affordable so that i ban pre-bag compost for sale?

Whete do I look for advice? What do other people do with their coop waste?

Thank you in advance.
You can find biodegradable bags many places on-line anywhere from 10 cents per bag and up. If I were to use hay compost then it would have to be REALLY composted a long time. It is slow to break down and heavy as hell!! I pitch fork the goat pen out once a year and it is like shoveling out concrete! I put the chicken poo/wood chip compost in a pile and transfer that to the garden after it breaks down. The raw poo can be ammended right into the garden soil and it make for great fertilizer! Hope this helps.

yippiechickie.gif

Back
Top Bottom