1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Computer geek meets chick freak!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by LocoPollo, Sep 15, 2008.

1. LocoPollo

LocoPollo Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    I am such a goof. I have broken down and ordered an rcom 20 pro with usb incubator. I had no reason spending so much money, but the more I looked at it i just had to have it. I get to plot all the info of hatching on the computer! I sooooo can't wait! I should get it on Wednesday, and have a bid for some eggs on ebay, so hopefully i will start my first batch next week!

I sure hope the incubator is as good as i hope it is! LOL

2. hypnofrogstevie

hypnofrogstevie chick magnet

Jul 12, 2007
    Newton NJ
    Thats the one that I really want to buy. I had a choice between the ps3 or rcom 20 with USB and chose ps3 instead.

3. LocoPollo

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    Ooh, that is a tough choice!

4. bantyman

bantyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    Hey Loco [​IMG]
    Guess we are neighbors Im in Blue Ridge I got an r20,but without the usb, and am very happy with it No problems with this thing All that I have had to do is add some water every so often It holds temps so good I think it might put the hens out of business [​IMG] Good luck on your first hatch but be warned it is habit forming

Mike [​IMG]

5. LocoPollo

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
    Hey bantyman! yea we are neighbors! Good to hear about the rcom 20. I am so looking forward to it. I will probably have it full all the time! Must...have...more...CHICKENS!!! LOL

6. steffpeck

steffpeck Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Erda, UT
    Where did you buy it from??

7. LocoPollo

Aug 13, 2008
    Ellijay, GA
  8. twigg

twigg Cooped up

Mar 2, 2008
    Tulsa
    Quote:hehe .... let me know when you are bored with it .....

.... cos I wanna chance to get bored with it too [​IMG]

9. bantyman

bantyman Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2008
    Blue Ridge GA
    What kind of birds do you have?

10. Akane

Akane Overrun With Chickens

Jun 15, 2008
    If I ever have the money I'd get one plus a little camera so I can watch my eggs from anywhere with my laptop. Would have been very useful when I had to leave right before a hatch was due. I had to spend the whole time worrying if the temp and humidity were right, if they'd hatched early, etc... At least if I could see what's going on I could have called my aunt who was watching all my pets and told her what to do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by