Concerned on baby chick.....

Chick Lady

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 8, 2014
~~Hello fellow chicken lovers!! This is my first post and my first try at raising chickens.

I have 18 - three month olds and 6 - 4 weeks old - I really am enjoying raising them and have become very attached to several of them!! I noticed on one of my little one's who's name is Buckbeak - once you see her picture you'll understand why we called her this. I am really concerned about her. When we got her she had a sore on her beak and that was how I could find her. Now that she is a little older the beak has started crossing over. Is there anything I can do for her, I noticed when giving the babies june bugs, she can't get hold of them. She is growing on feed alone but I and just worried. Any help would be appreciated!

Here she is:

Thanks, Kelly

Last edited:
Hi Chick Lady
welcome-byc.gif

There is nothing you can do for her. This crossbeak will not correct. She will never thrive. It is kindest to put her down.
I am so very sorry. These things happen sometimes and it is sad when they do. With a beak like this she can never be
a proper chicken and will never be viewed as such by the other chiclens.
Sad Regards,
Karen in western PA

Last edited:
Thank you for the comment, that is exactly what I ended out doing. It was not easy but I know what needed to be done. Thanks again.!

Back
Top Bottom