Concerning silkies, am I the only person in America

Judymae, your little silkie looks like my Ty Pennington...I keep waiting for one of the three or all three to break out guitars and start playing rock and roll.
lau.gif
Mine see fine and no need to cut their feathers at all.
DSC02092.jpg

DSC02103.jpg

You know some folks might think they are ugly, but....some of us are ugly and we are still useful....
ya.gif

What face, LOL?

lau.gif

Just kidding... that's about the fluff size of Sylvia's pouf: just a little beaky tip sticking out, so I can tell which way she'll be walking next.

gig.gif

Beautiful girl Angie! I love silkies..inquisitive and gorgeous birds. I have to say that the mature girl's eggs are much bigger than I ever expected and they are dedicated little layers. My silkies are beating out most of my other breeds in laying right now..that sure says a lot about their laying ability.

100_2147.jpg

100_2152.jpg

100_3350.jpg

100_3357.jpg

Jody

i love silkies!!!!!!
lol.png
big_smile.png
these were my first chickens and i will always have some. my biggest problem was that my roos were always busy with the hens;). lots of babies. but feather feet and horse toughs dont mix well. most of my drowned. they had their own water dish but who knows. and i love naked necks and show girls, frizzles, and im going to breed just for myself some frizzle/polish crosses. if it weird and crazy looking i love it. kinda like my dogs. for chickens i have silkies and for bunnys i have lionheads and for dogs i have bichon firses if it looks like a stuffed animal i must have it!!!

VERY CUTE ! ! ! !
(translation: looks like a dusty cotton ball with a beak coming out of it)

lol.png
big_smile.png
lol.png
big_smile.png

Im like OMG! Its a po'd feather duster! Hang it up at the county fair and win it as a prize.

BTW, where did Silkies come from anyway? What's ther background?​

Back
Top Bottom