Concerns about shipping delays

I have an order coming end of May from Meyer Hatchery, OH to MT. The shipping concern has crossed my mind as well but hoping by the end of May shipping will be a little better :fl Its reassuring to hear that people have had minimal problems with the delayed shipping. I hope everyone's chicks arrive happy and healthy!!

Last edited:
I can totally relate (worrying is my superpower also). I ordered chicks Meyers in OH and they were shipped last week, Monday afternoon. They were shipped to CA and I was worried because the tracking information had not been updated and they had not been delivered by Tuesday afternoon, which was still the estimated delivery time according to the USPS. Finally Wednesday morning the tracking information was updated and the chicks had been delivered to my post office at 3 am. I went to pick them up as soon as they called me, at 7 am. All seven chicks made it and are thriving now, a week later, I am so glad your made it as well!

I can totally relate (worrying is my superpower also). I ordered chicks Meyers in OH and they were shipped last week, Monday afternoon. They were shipped to CA and I was worried because the tracking information had not been updated and they had not been delivered by Tuesday afternoon, which was still the estimated delivery time according to the USPS. Finally Wednesday morning the tracking information was updated and the chicks had been delivered to my post office at 3 am. I went to pick them up as soon as they called me, at 7 am. All seven chicks made it and are thriving now, a week later, I am so glad your made it as well!

Wow from OH to CA! Well that gives me a ton of hope going from OH to PA.

Did you call your post office and leave your number with them? I'm curious how you went about doing that because that was my hope to have them contact me as soon as they arrive.

Did you call your post office and leave your number with them? I'm curious how you went about doing that because that was my hope to have them contact me as soon as they arrive.
No. Last year I lived near a city post office and they called me. Actually I had tried to call in advance at that time and could never get through. I'm in a 100% new location and state, and it's quite rural. I imagine 1) being rural they are used to receiving chicks and 2) being rural maybe they aren't used to receiving chicks.😆 Who knows!! When I get the notification they've shipped, I'll try to call.

No. Last year I lived near a city post office and they called me. Actually I had tried to call in advance at that time and could never get through. I'm in a 100% new location and state, and it's quite rural. I imagine 1) being rural they are used to receiving chicks and 2) being rural maybe they aren't used to receiving chicks.😆 Who knows!! When I get the notification they've shipped, I'll try to call.

Okay, good to know!! We live in a rural area too with a rather small post office. Our post master is really nice and helpful so hoping he will get ahold of me when they arrive. I might just plan on going there once they ship and letting him know they are on their way 😆

I tried but none of the POs would answer the phone, or calls didn’t go through, and I also wasn’t sure what PO near me was delivery.

Somehow they still managed to call me and let me know though they had a hard time getting through. I only had one of multiple calls show up on my phone and when I called back I couldn’t get through. Apparently they’ve been having phone issues since the tornado last year.

I tried but none of the POs would answer the phone, or calls didn’t go through, and I also wasn’t sure what PO near me was delivery.

Somehow they still managed to call me and let me know though they had a hard time getting through. I only had one of multiple calls show up on my phone and when I called back I couldn’t get through. Apparently they’ve been having phone issues since the tornado last year.

Oh no! Well I'm really glad to hear they got ahold of you. That's good to know they are able to contact people even if we cant get through to them.

Back
Top Bottom