Concord NC Help Needed

Discussion in 'Local Chicken Laws & Ordinances (and how to change' started by ConcordChix, Mar 5, 2013.

1. ConcordChix

ConcordChix New Egg

Mar 5, 2013
    Is there anyone out there that wants to start a Club in Concord, NC. We would like to have our own eggs. But the City does not allow chickens.

I would like to start a club that researches what has been done in our neighboring counties and cities where raising chickens is allowed (ie. Charlotte, Raleigh, etc). Let's talk about flock size, minimum lot size, max. number of HENS (no roosters), coop design, setbacks, etc. I would like to present a educated, founded in facts, plan to the City so they can't refuse. It was defeated the last time 4-3, the last group was close. Lets get it passed.

2. kjkoehn

kjkoehn New Egg

Aug 13, 2013
    Have you made any progress on this? My friends, who live in Dallas, TX, are allowed to raise hens.

3. MollyKi

MollyKi New Egg

Sep 8, 2013
    I would like to help. I live in Concord and in a small neighborhood that has a HOA that won't allow 'livestock' of any kind. I would be working on two fronts, the city and my neighbor HOA. Thanks!
    Molly

4. averycatherwood

averycatherwood Out Of The Brooder

Dec 5, 2013
    Concord, North Carolina
    I live in Concord too! My neighborhood does not have an HOA and we have chickens. However, I'd be glad to help you in any ways that I can

5. kitkat00

kitkat00 New Egg

Jul 18, 2014
    Has any progress been made with changing the ordinance that does not allow hens with in the city limits?

6. southclarkson

southclarkson New Egg

Jul 25, 2014
    I lived in concord 3 years ago & I think my old neighbors were part of one. Do you knw Aaron newton or his wife jennifer? I'm sure you could find them on Facebook, they are both active on there. Good luck!

7. PantherViking

PantherViking New Egg

Feb 18, 2015
    Have you had any success in starting this club? I live in Harrisburg and would be willing to help out for both towns.

8. LATunes

LATunes New Egg

Mar 29, 2015
    I want the restrictions on raising hens for eggs lifted. My neighbors have chickens, dogs, and other animals. From my yard I can hear three different roosters. There are numerous race cars being worked on daily in my neighborhood. I don't mind these things so they should accept my hens. Let me know if I can help. Charlotte allows 5 hens per 1/4 acre. and no building restrictions.

9. Crystal31

Crystal31 New Egg

Jul 16, 2017
    Does anyone know if this proposal has been presented to the city as of late? I'm hearing of many larger cities allowing hens on different social media site pages (specific to chickens).

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by