Confession time

Darlasmum

Songster
13 Years
Aug 2, 2009
La Crescenta, CA
Am i a monster? On Sunday I cleaned out my fish bowl - and not wanting any more guppie babies I culled the females and fed them to my chickens. I didnt just want to flush them, that seemed like a waste, and my three girls thought it was a great treat.

I always get too many baby goldfish in our 1,000 gallon pond and if I could only catch those things while they are small...... Nah, I don't know if I'm strong enough.
shame.gif
When I do get them they are a nice size and healthy so I always have people wanting them. I love my fish and would never hurt my big ones that I've had for many years but those hundreds of tiny new ones every year....

I find it no different than catching a praying mantis and watching the girls fight, catch, and run with it.

I don't see any problem with it. I certainly think it's better than flushing them.

Heck, I was thinking about catching carp in the spring just to feed the flock.

I love Praying Mantis! We even had one in our house we named Fred, we would put out Hambuger for him, and leave the door open in case he wanted to leave, but for about a week, he sayed with us
big_smile.png

We had a caretaker come in to watch my Husbands Grandmother, and she flipped out when she saw it, and wanted to Kill it, but Granny told her NO, that is Fred, he doesn't hurt anything, leave him alone, LOL.

Last edited:
Ooohhh....... Thank you for speaking up for the praying mantis. True guardians.

As a child I was terrified by them!!! So strange looking and the weird way they moved......
......fast forward many years and I have learned to be proud, excited and protective of one when it appears in my garden or on the side of my house.

Now they make me smile.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom