conflicting Baytril 10% oral dosage: .05ml per lb or .5ml per lb?

cocoloco

Songster
5 Years
May 31, 2016
I have a sick bantam chicken not responding to Clavamox after taking it 1 week. I think she has only about 2 days left - I need to take drastic action. My vet prescribed the clavamox for 2 weeks - she said it is illegal to give Baytril to chickens - BUT..I have a full bottle of Baytril 10% oral solution which expires next month. I am taking that as a sign - I need to use it. I am willing to try anything. I just read over 20 Baytril threads - is it .05ml per lb - or .5ml per lb? (My chicken is 2 1/2 lbs - about 1 kg.) I have been giving her Metacam twice a day orally using a little monojet baby syringe. My vet marked off .35ml - it is a very small amount - roughly 1/3 of 1.0ml. .05 would be 1 /20th of 1.0ml , an even smaller amount, right? I have another syringe with even milliliters i.e. 1, 2, 3 etc. The decimals are confusing me. If it is .5 per lb - I should be able to safely give her slightly over 1ml, right? ...and do I do that once or twice a day? Gee, I feel so stupid when it comes to this but I don't want to overdose her. I plan to give her mashed grain with applesauce first so her stomach won't be empty.

Back
Top Bottom