Confused about deaths

JesusisGod

Songster
Aug 1, 2021
So its happened 2x now and this prolapsed hen. Plus another to customer

The chicks get cold left brooder fell asleep. I find them cold, start to warm them up again in incubator, then start gasping for air a while later dies then white stuff drips out.

Hen died from prolapsed white stuff dripping

Do i have an infection in the quails or something i need to treat. Does it just go rampant when there immune system is weakened by cold.
Before if i had a cold chick itd warm back up and be fine again walking around. Now they are gasping for air and white stuff dripping out before and after death

Incubator is about 36.9 it shouldnt kill them...

Im confused, anyone have any ideas?

Are they dying in the incubator?

Do you mean you're keeping the brooder at 98°?
If so 98° is too hot for freshly hatched chicks, in my opinion.

Can you take clear photos of your quail set up?

Are they dying in the incubator?

Do you mean you're keeping the brooder at 98°?
If so 98° is too hot for freshly hatched chicks, in my opinion.

Can you take clear photos of your quail set up?
no the ones that are cold overnight cold (2-4 days old) and not moving much i put in there. I dont have a phone i borrow my step dads, he doesnt want me touching it atm sorry

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/274828165396?hash=item3ffd090114:g:Z6IAAOSwoCdgzFBV

Thats my incubator, yes the chicks died in that, never recovered from the cold. So maybe leave them under heat lamp ?

So we are theoretically implying i could potentially be cooking them after they've been cold then they go into shock and die?

whats with the dripping white stuff then is that infection ? That quail shouldnt have even gotten cold i found it under the brooder plate it didnt even move to a warmer spot

before i put it in the incubator the quail that died today pooped lots of white stuff. it was fine in incubator till an hour or so later then find it gasping. pull it out look at it put it back in came back 5 min later it was dead. so i dont know, thats what i mean it might be the incubator. It might be infection,

maybe need to put diatamous earth in all their food for a lil while and apple cider vinegar in their water

Maybe go buy some straw too for the floor

Back
Top Bottom