Confused about Niacin

Niacin is needed, so if the feed your feeding doesnt have enough niacin in it, youd have to supplement right?

i cant buy waterflowl feed within 4 hours of where i live

Did you know vitamins lose their potency over time and some b vitamins completely lose their value? the feeds made in huge batches

I am such a fan of the brewers yeast from amazon that I give it to my old Lab. It is now taking the place of the hundred dollar a month joint supplements and she is doing great.
I also give my dog brewer's yeast and I cannot believe how it put a pep in her step like her hips do not bother her anymore. I give the ducks Nutritional Yeast flakes sprinkled on their food a few times a week. Babies get it always.

Well it's a misconception actually..Yes definitely niacin is needed. I use all flock feed and well Pekin actually can be on a broiler feed..
Well, it sure worked on my runners in just a matter of days! My duck's legs were shaking so bad she'd collapse and once I start the B-complex it stopped so I would suggest that you not disregard the success of using it!

I also give my dog brewer's yeast and I cannot believe how it put a pep in her step like her hips do not bother her anymore. I give the ducks Nutritional Yeast flakes sprinkled on their food a few times a week. Babies get it always.
Actually I could be wrong but I think when @WannaBeHillBilly broke his leg he was using it! ON HIMSELF!

For babies I use gamebird / turkey starter... adults get All Flock. I don’t provide Niacin but I haven’t had issues yet, plus they free range so I’m sure that helps.
Here are my 8 ducks:
2 pekins, 4 Khaki Campbells, a Call Duck, and an Ancona
9F66BABA-7CC1-4993-9634-DCFB25B29E67.jpeg
3F8C52D0-9AB2-4B75-ABF9-87342B483486.jpeg
B9D47711-BA67-4D56-A128-7EBCE3684E41.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom