Confused about Niacin

Actually I could be wrong but I think when @WannaBeHillBilly broke his leg he was using it! ON HIMSELF!
I still take 500mg of Niacin every day, it improves the ability of my skin to heal small wounds and scratches.
When i broke my foot, i started to take Calcium-Gluconate to help heal the broken bone. My surgeon was baffled how fast the bone was restored…

It's very important for those of us that can't get feed for Water fowl to supplement. All those that are much more qualified than us "good reading" is Dave Holdrreads book on raising Ducks. He talks about the importance of supplementing niacin into baby waterfowls diet if you can't find feed formulated for that specific breed. All flock feed like Purina Flock Raiser is another good feed for waterfowl but even with that we still may have one with shaky legs or lameness and if we address it asap it can be gotten over before something like bowed legs happens and is permanent.
Especially in Pekins and other large fowl but even small like Runners can have problems if the get deficient. @DuckyDonna had a Runner with shaky legs. and may others.
The niacen helped me and my grandmas ducks legs stop shaking!

Back
Top Bottom