Confused and need Help!!!!

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 28, 2011
So i am totally new at hatching eggs and i just got some very helpful advice to put my broody and her eggs in a separate XL dog crate (since my coop is to small to build an extra space for her) because its safer for her and the eggs/chicks. Will she willingly move and sit happily on her eggs again or will she freak and/or abandon her eggs????

Move her and the nest in the dead of night, make sure to put the bedding from the nest she is now into the dog kennel, this way it smells fimilar. If she seems uneasy in the morning, cover the kennel with a sheet/blanket or tarp to make it dark for a day. if she can't see she will settle down and take back to the nest. Although there is always a chance that she might abbandon them. Hope it all works out!

Move her and the nest in the dead of night, make sure to put the bedding from the nest she is now into the dog kennel, this way it smells fimilar. If she seems uneasy in the morning, cover the kennel with a sheet/blanket or tarp to make it dark for a day. if she can't see she will settle down and take back to the nest. Although there is always a chance that she might abbandon them. Hope it all works out!
x2

Plus lock her in the crate with her eggs and put her in a quiet place.

Thanks guys!!! I guess i will move her tonight, wish me luck!!!!

It worked
celebrate.gif
I put a bunch of bedding in the dog pen, but i was scared that she would run and/or walk around and step on the eggs. So i put just her in and she walked around a bit (as i expected) Then she settled down and i put the eggs in front of her and she pulled them under her!!!!!!! I am literally jumping for joy!!!!! Thank you guys so so so so much for the help!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom