Confused and shocked

Thank you. Well, we're past mating now. He has moved on to attacking my son and now me. We have bruises all over us. Idk if it's a dominance thing or what,but I am exhausted. Every time we go out there,he bites us hard, repeatedly. And leaves bruises. I have tried the picking him up and holding him until I'm ready to let him down. But he just keeps coming right back . I've even tried the hold him down thing like pinning him like geese do when they fight. But he just gets back up and bites again...I'm exhausted and in tears by the time it's over😞
I would try a rake and shoo him off with it. Make him scared of it. That way you have something to defend yourself with, but it also won't hurt him. It's my only choice sometimes.
I feel you though, mine have brought me to frustration tears many times.

I would try a rake and shoo him off with it. Make him scared of it. That way you have something to defend yourself with, but it also won't hurt him. It's my only choice sometimes.
I feel you though, mine have brought me to frustration tears many times.
Thank you Goose mom. I have hand raised all of them. I just don't understand. They're like 5 months old. Drake was the gentlest goose I had. Always.

Attachments

• IMG_20210821_173631386.jpg
    IMG_20210821_173631386.jpg
    252.4 KB · Views: 3
GooseMom27 idk why
Ouch! Those don't look like they tickled! My gander was raised by a woman so he attacks men. My female was hand raised by me. We spent MANY hours bonded and she was VERY attached. Now that she's grown and lives outdoors I can't even get near her without her running away. I think eventually their natural goose instincts kick in. Fingers crossed he's just going through a phase and snaps out of it.

Ouch! Those don't look like they tickled! My gander was raised by a woman so he attacks men. My female was hand raised by me. We spent MANY hours bonded and she was VERY attached. Now that she's grown and lives outdoors I can't even get near her without her running away. I think eventually their natural goose instincts kick in. Fingers crossed he's just going through a phase and snaps out of it.
Thank you. Me too. Do you think it could be a dominance thing?

Thank you. Me too. Do you think it could be a dominance thing?
I don't think so. They're very territorial. If they don't want you around their space they'll become aggressive. It's usually only when there are eggs or goslings they're protecting. Is there any chance you have a nest hidden somewhere? Everything I've read says to leave them be and give them their space when they're like this. If you're having a hard time with basic outdoor tasks, I would try the rake trick to keep him at bay.

I don't think so. They're very territorial. If they don't want you around their space they'll become aggressive. It's usually only when there are eggs or goslings they're protecting. Is there any chance you have a nest hidden somewhere? Everything I've read says to leave them be and give them their space when they're like this. If you're having a hard time with basic outdoor tasks, I would try the rake trick to keep him at bay.
Ok. Last week he was sweet and I fed him,like these pictures,this was sudden. Well maybe it'll pass

Ok. Last week he was sweet and I fed him,like these pictures,this was sudden. Well maybe it'll pass
Do you have a female that could be on a nest? Does he have a mate at all? My gander went too long being a single man. He was obsessed with me cause I was his only chance at a mate. He's currently separated from my female because he's far too aggressive with her and attacks her and rips her feathers out. It's like he was lonely for so long he's went straight to rape mode (sorry to be so blunt). I'm thinking he won't snap out of it till spring at least. If you have a female, I'd look for eggs, he might be protecting them. If he doesn't have a mate, I'd get him one!

Back
Top Bottom