Confused and shocked

WeDo you have a female that could be on a nest? Does he have a mate at all? My gander went too long being a single man. He was obsessed with me cause I was his only chance at a mate. He's currently separated from my female because he's far too aggressive with her and attacks her and rips her feathers out. It's like he was lonely for so long he's went straight to rape mode (sorry to be so blunt). I'm thinking he won't snap out of it till spring at least. If you have a female

Well I just got them this past May, they were 2to 3 weeks old. I thought they had to be a year old to lay eggs and mate?

Well I just got them this past May, they were 2to 3 weeks old. I thought they had to be a year old to lay eggs and mate?
Normally yes, they won't start laying till next spring. But it's not out of the question. It's been known for them to start early and lay a couple in the fall. They are fascinating/smart/independent creatures!

Absolutely, most definitely mating behaviour. I was confused when my boy started "ducking" his neck low to the ground, almost like he would do when he was bathing himself, but just on dry land.

Turns out it was his mating dance.

If you crouch on the floor and do it to him he might reciprocate! I tried it with mine to see if that's what it was and he started doing it back :lol:

Back
Top Bottom