Confused, are these Standard or Bantam EEs?

Indigosands

Songster
11 Years
Apr 9, 2012
Yucca Valley, CA
I gave away a rooster recently and the lady had some hens a week older than him but they were HUGE. Much much bigger than all my chicks. I'm waiting to hear back from the breeder but does growth rate vary with EEs or do you think based on this pic that I actually have bantams? Wish I had a better pic but this was yesterday of my plucked hen in my hand and I don't want to get the girls all riled up in the heat for a pic. They are all 6 weeks old tomorrow.

I daresay her EEs were as big as or bigger than my RIR's of the same hatch date. Curious. When speaking to the breeder of my chicks he also mentioned that he became bored with the classic EE 'hawk-y" look and started keeping only the interesting and blue colored EE's for breeding. I wonder if in doing this, he also reduced the size of his birds without realizing.

he might need to add some new stock to his inbreeding after a while can be bad on the birds the longer you do it the worst the birds turn out.

if im right you can breed daughters back to fathers and sons back to mothers but ive read to try and stay away from breeding sisters and brothers together some correct me if im wrong here and add more info if you wish

Back
Top Bottom