Confused Bunny or what??

I have heard of girl bunnies jumping on boy bunny when the boy was put in the girl's cage instead of vice versa. It's a terratory thing. The boy bunny won't go on a date if he's not in his own place.
bun.gif

My female mini bunny really wanted babies. She would mount the male or anything fuzzy.....

We had to make sure all the kids' fuzzy toys were put away when we let her out to play or she would mate with them.
roll.png

What do you call the offspring of a stuffed animal and a bunny? Are they born with little white tags saying 'Made in Hutch'? If you eat them, do you get some of that white stuffing caught in your teeth?

Sorry..but this thread is cracking me up (apologies to the original poster...I hope your bunny works it all out soon)

Its partly domiance, but she is probably in heat too. I have a flemish I placed in the bucks cage the day after she had her babies to rebreed her and she was doing that to him, then they would change positions and vice versa, but he was shocked at first when she jumped him!

Wow, I *really* need to learn more about bunnies.

The female is a TSC bunny. I don't know what her breed is, I wasn't there when she was purchased.
Here's a quick pic of her with my oldest:
0318081903.jpg

My boy bunny is a pedigreed mini rex, lol. I picked him before I knew that. It matters not to me.
Here's a couple quick pics:
0321081826.jpg

0321081826b.jpg

Thanks for all the help-
Em

Females can and DO mount males and other females. I've had a lot of experience with rabbits and this is normal "I'm top dog, you ain't" behavior.

Dominance for sure. But be careful with that as you don't want your bunnies to breed (eventually he WILL try to mount her) and when we introed Jack to Peppermint (who is spayed) she did the same to him BUT she skinned his back as well. Yes she literally skinned him and for a small bunny that egg sized spot was a lot!

Check out http://rabbit.org/
and
http://www.rodentia.com/rabbits/rabbittalk.html which is hilarious and educational!

Dominant females can indeed be very aggressive.

It is difficult to determine the sex of juveniles. Adult intact males will have obvious testicles, but they run sort of lengthwise along the body.

Anyway, in young bunnies the best way to tell is to hold them on their backs between your legs (CAREFULLY - some buns will kick and fight and can easily hurt themselves in this position). Put your fingers on either side of the genitals and gently push slightly out and down. A female's genitals will have a triangular shape, while a male's genitals will appear roundish.

Have fun with your new bunny.

Back
Top Bottom