confused chick (w/ pic)

Chick_in_Indiana

Songster
12 Years
Dec 14, 2007
NE Indiana
i seperated my ducks and chicks the other day. my turken started make this loud awful sound and would not stop. as soon as she went back in w/ her buddies she stopped.
gig.gif
so tonight when the kids went to play in the water guess who has to come too. she even took it as far as walking thru the water while the ducks where splashing.
th.gif
has anyone had this same experience? will she grow out of it of will they always hang out together? Thanks, Krista
3-10-08chickens041.jpg
they have always been buds
hugs.gif
newchicks2-27-08055.jpg

Oh they are so cute together!!

My call duck drake lost his girl the other day, I have plenty of other ducks but he has become chummy with my rooster and has taken a liking to a hen. They get confused.

That is too cute! So, was the Turken in with other chicks when it was throwing a fit?? If it was alone I'd understand, otherwise I think your stuck with a chick that wants to be with its duck buddies.
smile.png

The same thing happened to us when we separated the geese/ducks and the chicks. Our confused one was a little banty chick! We moved the ducks/geese to a brooder right next to the chicks, they can still see each other. That little banty ran up and down the brooder side peeping as loud as it possibly could. Finally, I picked it up and stuck it in with the geese/ducks just to see if it would be quiet. It snuggled right in with the geese. I had to take it out though because it was/still is so much smaller than the geese. It made noise for a few hours but has now made buddies with the chickens. It was funny.

This answered answered my question about the new babies I brought home today. Two ducks and two new chicks. Guess they will be okay together. That is really a cute picture!

Back
Top Bottom