confused chick (w/ pic)

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Chick_in_Indiana, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Chick_in_Indiana

Chick_in_Indiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    NE Indiana
    i seperated my ducks and chicks the other day. my turken started make this loud awful sound and would not stop. as soon as she went back in w/ her buddies she stopped.[​IMG] so tonight when the kids went to play in the water guess who has to come too. she even took it as far as walking thru the water while the ducks where splashing.[​IMG] has anyone had this same experience? will she grow out of it of will they always hang out together? Thanks, Krista[​IMG] they have always been buds [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Stormhorse23

Stormhorse23 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 22, 2007
    Indiana
    Haha! My duck thinks hes a chicken...

3. Dodgegal79

Dodgegal79 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 1, 2007
    Princeton BC Canada
    Oh they are so cute together!!

My call duck drake lost his girl the other day, I have plenty of other ducks but he has become chummy with my rooster and has taken a liking to a hen. They get confused.

4. countyroad1330

countyroad1330 Thunder Snow 2009!

Oct 15, 2007
    Oklahoma!
    That is too cute! So, was the Turken in with other chicks when it was throwing a fit?? If it was alone I'd understand, otherwise I think your stuck with a chick that wants to be with its duck buddies. [​IMG]

5. GockeyEgg

GockeyEgg Out Of The Brooder

Jan 10, 2008
    PA
    The same thing happened to us when we separated the geese/ducks and the chicks. Our confused one was a little banty chick! We moved the ducks/geese to a brooder right next to the chicks, they can still see each other. That little banty ran up and down the brooder side peeping as loud as it possibly could. Finally, I picked it up and stuck it in with the geese/ducks just to see if it would be quiet. It snuggled right in with the geese. I had to take it out though because it was/still is so much smaller than the geese. It made noise for a few hours but has now made buddies with the chickens. It was funny.

6. LinckHillPoultry

LinckHillPoultry Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 17, 2008
    Pennsylvania
    thats hilarious!

also incredibly adorable! [​IMG]

7. Critter Crazy

Critter Crazy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2007
    Binghamton, NY
    Thats just too cute!!!![​IMG]

8. Chick_in_Indiana

Chick_in_Indiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 14, 2007
    NE Indiana
    Quote:everyone was together for the first week and a half. then the ducks got too big and so the chicks when to a new tote.

9. Dzzzyd

Dzzzyd Out Of The Brooder

May 9, 2007
    Klamath Falls, Oregon
    This answered answered my question about the new babies I brought home today. Two ducks and two new chicks. Guess they will be okay together. That is really a cute picture!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by