Confused! Eggbound

Is she having problems? actually Oyster shells should be offered and if you think she is having an egg laying issues Calcium gluconate is best but if for some reason you can't get the cal glu then tums can be offered. I really don't know how often I have never used it I keep cal glu on hand. And mine have oyster shell free choice.

Is she having problems? actually Oyster shells should be offered and if you think she is having an egg laying issues Calcium gluconate is best but if for some reason you can't get the cal glu then tums can be offered. I really don't know how often I have never used it I keep cal glu on hand. And mine have oyster shell free choice.
Ok thanks so much she has oyster shells in a bowl next to her food. Where can I buy the calcium gluconate? Do I have to give it to her with a needle? She’s her normal self but this morning she was acting like she was going to lay an egg making the noises she makes and in her area where she normally lays but she didn’t lay when we feel between we still feel a egg that’s why I’m so confused.

If your in the USA Tractor Supply usually does it or you can order online. We use it orally if she has a special treat she likes put 1 ml over it but not much treat you want to make sure she gets full dose. I use a 1 mil syringe without a needle to draw the liquid out. If she is having trouble then give 1 ml morning and night till she lays. Hopefully she has laid her egg this morning.

If your in the USA Tractor Supply usually does it or you can order online. We use it orally if she has a special treat she likes put 1 ml over it but not much treat you want to make sure she gets full dose. I use a 1 mil syringe without a needle to draw the liquid out. If she is having trouble then give 1 ml morning and night till she lays. Hopefully she has laid her egg this morning.
Ok yes I’m in the USA and that’s great I can give it orally thank you so much 😊

How is she today?
She seems ok I gave her a warm bath Friday and she passed 2 soft shells they were flat and empty. I hope that’s it for her I got some egg shells and crushed th em up super fine and I’m putting it in her worms for her she does still have the oyster shell in a dish next to her pellets but she’s still herself and running around the house with me 😊. Thank you so much for checking in on us I truly appreciate it😊

Attachments

• IMG_4089.jpeg
    IMG_4089.jpeg
    230.5 KB · Views: 0
Yeah they can be worrisome but as long as she is still active and acting normal in every since of the word for a duck she must be okay.
How old is she and does she usually lay this time of year? Asking becasue I have no eggs from my girls that are old enough to lay. Short days mean no eggs unless a new layer before the days are shortened. Usually, new layers will lay straight through winter. Their first season or 2. depending on breed. were you able to get Liquid Calcium Gluconate? It is a great product to have on hand. The oyster shell and egg shells are good too but when one might be having trouble the cal glu is the best.

Back
Top Bottom