Confused.......how can you afford to feed your chickens

Quote:
I thought about doing the same thing but didn't know how it would turn out. So that works for you? I think I will start doing that. Thanks for posting that idea.

"Thanks! PM'd ya. Thing is my Kid won't eat an animal he's met so he basically eats eggs and cheese, beans, peas, lentils, walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts. Oh, and bacon from pigs from our neighbor. Other sources of protein affect him like peanuts, cashews and soy."

LOL - thats why we call our girls the "babies - or chicks" - and the stuff we eat is poultry....my kid is still too young to make the connection..

Fish sticks are called "crunchies" - because after watching the lil mermaid and Finding Nemo - we aren't allowed to be fish-eaters lol

Quote:
Yep, I'm pretty devious when it's called for.
lau.gif

I wish I did work for Monsanto....at least then I'd have a steady paycheck......and not be trying to work my patootie off feeding a group of ungrateful people who think they know better how to feed a nation of people than the less than 1% of us who work 365 days a year to do it.

Speaking of poisons, how many of you know what flouride really is? We've been forced to drink it, brush our teeth with it, take a show & absorbing it in our body, etc....Look it up, it is a pesticide & rat poison !!!! I also believe round up is in all our food & getting worse...GOD BLESS monsanto & all the others like them. Personally, I put up with all the bugs & weeds that are in my garden, at least they are not trying to kill me...
lol.png

Quote:
Is that a Black Helicopter hovering outside my window?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I can't look right now. I'm busy putting new foil linings in all my hats.

I don't think you're the one who needs the foil linings....why don't you send them out to seattlechickenhead....I think he/she needs them more than you do!!!!
smile.png

Chickens can eat whole kernal corn right off the cobb unless they are little or have some particular reason they can't.

Quote:
Will the birds eat rice without cooking it first? Rice has more protein uncooked.

=====
I don't know. Haven't tried it. Wouldn't it expand before digestion?

Although rice does have protein, I give it as a "grain" and do peas, lentils, beans, dairy and cooked eggs as protein (along with the bugs they catch). No soy.

Quote:
Will the birds eat rice without cooking it first? Rice has more protein uncooked.

=====
I don't know. Haven't tried it. Wouldn't it expand before digestion?

I'm sure the rice would expand starting in the crop but passing through the gizzard would grind it down a lot plus fed in moderation like all grains. Uncooked rice has three times the protein of cooked rice.

Back
Top Bottom