Confused on Welsh Harlequins

ChickHick134

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 4, 2014
Hey there, so I ordered some WH's to come in May and from what I have read they are calm and quiet which is really important for me. But now I am seeing people saying they are nonstop quackers and are louder than Pekins which I read to be very loud. I really can't have loud ducks and these will be my first time having ducks so I want it to be a good experience.

Do you guys know why they are so loud and how I can possibly stop it? They ducks will be living with chickens (not in the same coop but area) and I don't want fights to start. Any suggestions or past experiences?

Thanks!

Hey there, so I ordered some WH's to come in May and from what I have read they are calm and quiet which is really important for me. But now I am seeing people saying they are nonstop quackers and are louder than Pekins which I read to be very loud. I really can't have loud ducks and these will be my first time having ducks so I want it to be a good experience.

Do you guys know why they are so loud and how I can possibly stop it? They ducks will be living with chickens (not in the same coop but area) and I don't want fights to start. Any suggestions or past experiences?

Thanks!

My WH's are pretty calm and quiet. They can be loud sometimes but all ducks can. Not much you can really do about it as long as they have good and water they should be pretty quiet.

Mine are loud when I walk out to them. Once I am in the pen they settle down. When I bring them food, treats, new bedding, etc. they chat about it for a little bit because they are excited. Over all they are quiet. When they talk there is a reason and I actually find it humorous.

Thank you :) One more question, do you have chickens with your ducks? Ours will be living together but not raised from chicks together so I'm not sure how that's going to go down.
fl.gif

Mine is only loud when seperated... the hen will freak out and get noisy looking/calling the drake. Otherwise they are pretty quiet.

Back
Top Bottom