Conjunctivitis? HELP please.

His plumage looks pretty ratty but since you said he wasn’t able to really clean himself before that makes sense. I would hold off bathing him (if he’s clean now) and try letting him preen himself in the sling and fix all those damaged feathers.

At first I was very concerned about the redness of his wattle and the surrounding eye skin but I’m considering that maybe he has genetics from a fancy breed in him. There are actually a few with red wattles.
53B93282-E990-4C2B-A81E-EB203CD425DD.jpeg

How’s his eye looking now?

It seems like he’s outside in the pictures, do you bring him in at night? If I were you I’d consider making a semi permanent box or cage to keep him and the sling in at all times. Even a cardboard box or small animal cage with a towel on the bottom would suffice. I also think this would be better for him because the tile floor doesn’t give the best grip for the good leg. If you put a stick or something under the good foot, does he grab and hold with his toes?

It seems like he’s outside in the pictures, do you bring him in at night? If I were you I’d consider making a semi permanent box or cage to keep him and the sling in at all times. Even a cardboard box or small animal cage with a towel on the bottom would suffice. I also think this would be better for him because the tile floor doesn’t give the best grip for the good leg. If you put a stick or something under the good foot, does he grab and hold with his toes?
yes, i agree with the tiles floor and yes, he spends the day outside.

the problem is he hates cages —he was never in one— but somehow a kind of structure like those use to hold a hammock so that i can just move it inside and outside?

anyway this is only a prototype —i wanted to see first if it worked. today i’m buying proper materials to make a proper one.

as for the stick... i think no but i’ll try later and text you then.

why is that important?

His plumage looks pretty ratty but since you said he wasn’t able to really clean himself before that makes sense. I would hold off bathing him (if he’s clean now) and try letting him preen himself in the sling and fix all those damaged feathers.

At first I was very concerned about the redness of his wattle and the surrounding eye skin but I’m considering that maybe he has genetics from a fancy breed in him. There are actually a few with red wattles.View attachment 2338900
How’s his eye looking now?
not good but i do think he has mites. now is the thing how to find some product for mites in this by god forgotten corner of the world.

i’ll try that first and then... i don’t know.

Can you get the products shipped to your country? I have to order all my stuff online as well, but they also ship from the same country as my own. The stick thing really isn’t important but I would be concerned if he didn’t have any use of his toes at all. That is just a simple test to see if he can perch on his good foot without putting him through the stress of placing him somewhere and having him lose balance and fall.

When I suggest putting the sling in a permanent cage I mean something to this effect:
EF711C04-812D-4AAA-B85E-A360AADDF27B.jpeg

so that he can be in the sling but also totally protected :)

Can you get the products shipped to your country? I have to order all my stuff online as well, but they also ship from the same country as my own. The stick thing really isn’t important but I would be concerned if he didn’t have any use of his toes at all. That is just a simple test to see if he can perch on his good foot without putting him through the stress of placing him somewhere and having him lose balance and fall.

When I suggest putting the sling in a permanent cage I mean something to this effect:
View attachment 2339181
my dear, i don’t know how to explain it to a person born and living in a first world country —like i was born and lived for 50 years—.

here DHL takes a month to deliver.

amazon just doesn’t bother here.

it takes over eight hours for me to get to the capital 300km away.

i live in a city with 200.000 souls. there are seven streetlights.

no vet here has x-rays for animals.

do you get the gist?

View attachment 2339181
and i was thinking and yes, he grabs my finger with his toes.

and for the cage... i have exactly one of those where i move my cats. let me think about it please.

and THANK YOU for everything!

Not sure what you mean by grumpy, but just keep an eye on his quality of life. The stump looks better but still too red for my comfort, obviously I'm no vet! Perhaps in the sling it will have a chance to completely heal without him dragging it around through poop. Until it's all healed any effort he makes to use it will cause further injury - just my opinion.
You are closest and therefor best to decide on his behalf.
:)
yes yes yes, i fully agree.

if i had only known of the sling before...

Back
Top Bottom