Connecticut!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
First Class Enabler!

So quick to the draw...............lol
gig.gif

Quote:
Sure..just open the gate and let them out.
wink.png

Just a note to say that I dislike Nutrena. A friend gave me a bag when she gave me her last surviving chicken (HEY... anyone want a Dominique? She's happy to be at the bottom of the pecking order and is pretty good about being held.) That stuff STINKS and makes their poop smell nasty.

I'd like to find an organic layer feed within a reasonable driving distance from my house and would be thrilled if Azure started coming this way... until then I'm sticking with Purina - they put marigolds and unicorns in their feed so that the chickens poop marshmallows and buttercups.

Quote:
If you only want a few chicks you might be able to get them locally. You'll soon start to form a wish list and then you can ask us where to get them. If there is not a local source for what you want, you might be able split an order with someone. But first you need to do the research. Go visit other chicken people. Ambler Farm in Wilton has chickens, and John Jay Homestead in Bedford NY is doing a beginning Back Yard Chicken class this weekend I believe.

Quote:
If you only want a few chicks you might be able to get them locally. You'll soon start to form a wish list and then you can ask us where to get them. If there is not a local source for what you want, you might be able split an order with someone. But first you need to do the research. Go visit other chicken people. Ambler Farm in Wilton has chickens, and John Jay Homestead in Bedford NY is doing a beginning Back Yard Chicken class this weekend I believe.

X2
thumbsup.gif

Luke13:34 :

Quote:
Sure..just open the gate and let them out.
wink.png

Just a note to say that I dislike Nutrena. A friend gave me a bag when she gave me her last surviving chicken (HEY... anyone want a Dominique? She's happy to be at the bottom of the pecking order and is pretty good about being held.) That stuff STINKS and makes their poop smell nasty.

I'd like to find an organic layer feed within a reasonable driving distance from my house and would be thrilled if Azure started coming this way... until then I'm sticking with Purina - they put marigolds and unicorns in their feed so that the chickens poop marshmallows and buttercups.

yuckyuck.gif

Tina,
On route 63 In Bethany, CT Dick Farrell has the organic feed. You do have to order it from him in advance b/c he will not stock that item. Reason being there are not preservatives and he wants to sell the freshest he can get for you
wink.png
His# 203-393-0875 Dick Farrell Sales​

Here are some pics of my girls (hopefully all girls)
055.jpg

EE named Kitkat and production red named giraffe laugh
054.jpg

Not named EE
052.jpg

Unnamed EE and Araucana/mix named Jr.
047.jpg

Crackle our Speckled Sussex (the friendliest of all)
040.jpg

Our other unnamed production red
These are all from Beth G.

Back
Top Bottom