Connecticut!

Birds in Bethel Make sure you buy FOOD GRADE DE not the stuff you use in pools. I think the Agway on Mill plain rd in Danbury has it for $20 for 50 lbs. At the Bethel store they only have 3 lbs for $11. Also you chicken will love the weeds

Last edited:
finaly got my first egg 2day after weeks of waiting ...it figures they start laying after i get surgery and cant go out to the coop as often as b4 but hey at least i have breakfast 2morrow....not sure if its from 1 of my 3 golden commets or my buff orp. all look like theey are at laying stage but only 1 egg verry light brown decent size for first one too

thumbsup.gif

Hooray! The long-awaited egg!
clap.gif

Enjoy - the protein will be good for you post-surgery. Feel better soon.

Last edited:
Thanks Tinman, I'll be running over to Danbury for that and a new waterer I think -my home made one isn't working too well, may break down and buy one!
And I'm sure they'd love the weeds in the overgrown area-problem is, it's so overgrown I can't wheel the tractor over to it yet-need to do SOME clearing first. Sigh - it's always something. At least today the weather looks to be beautiful!

Quote:

Back at the end of April, I foolishly got some un-sexed feathered bantam chicks. Seems to me they were sexed just fine by somebody, because they are almost all roos! So, now I've got at least 4 of these cute guys. I think they're d'uccles. I can post pictures if that would help. (Plus I've got one beautiful Easter Egg/Americauna boy who was definitely supposed to be a girl--argh!) Right now, they are getting along well, and not causing any issues with the hens, but I'm thinking it's a bad idea to have so many. (I really shouldn't have any, since I'm in the 'burbs, but I keep hoping I can get away with one.) Does anyone have ideas of how I can find them homes that don't involve ending up in the stew pot? I dote on these babies and keep them for pets, even though we thoroughly enjoy the eggs.
Valerie

Back
Top Bottom