Connecticut!

Quote:
That's not a bad price. Mine go through it in spurts, I think depending on how much greens they are getting. I've tried a few brands, but the only thing my girls just wouldn't eat was Blue Seal.

Luke13:34 :

Sometimes you might be looking at the New England thread? Are you subscribed to both NE and CT?

I use Purina layer at the moment. They put marigolds and unicorn horns in it so that my chickens poop marshmallows and rainbows.

yuckyuck.gif

Hi, I would like to introduce myself. I am a first time chicken-raiser. I'm from New Haven and picked up some white leghorn chicks from a high school after the science professor was done with her "experiments".
These chicks were unsexed and we took 8 one week olds in and gave them a home underneath our kitchen table. It's been a great time. Since then i've built a gorgeous chicken coop to suit all eight of them but time has come where we can clearly identify our cockerels. We have 3. They're beautiful, well fed and maintained 8 week old cockerels. We don't know what to do with them and we're not allowed roosters in our neighborhood. Is there anybody out there that could give these a good home? Thank you and wonderful website and community you all have here. Scott

Quote:
Have these chickens been brain-switched via a tin funnel and some wires?
lau.gif

Or did the kind professor make them to have non-stinky poops to be able to keep them under your table?
sickbyc.gif

WELCOME! Sorry I can't help with rehoming your boys.

fuzzyglasses welcome!
cool.png
cute username
welcome-byc.gif

congratulations on getting 5 out of 8, you could try listing the 3 on craigslist.org ~good luck with them!

D.gif
congrats on your 1st egg Johnny, and best of luck 2u Beth♥

Tina, but don't you also supplement with a sprinkle of ground fairy dust?
Luke13:34 :

Sometimes you might be looking at the New England thread? Are you subscribed to both NE and CT?

I use Purina layer at the moment. They put marigolds and unicorn horns in it so that my chickens poop marshmallows and rainbows.​

Four adorable, feather footed, mini-roos and one big easter egg guy available to good homes. They are 10 weeks old and very funny. All of the little guys look like Belgian D'Uccles--3 brown, 1 white/porcelain. They will not get much heavier than a pound when they're full grown (except the easter egger, who is quite large and beautiful). Not aggressive, get along well with each other, love to fly around, cuddle up with the girls, take dust baths, and generally get into trouble (they were on top of the coop after I let them out this morning.) They are healthy, have been on organic feed since they were 2 weeks old, and have not been exposed to any chickens but those in my very established flock (these were the first chicks I added in over 5 years.) I've never posted a picture, so I'm hoping this works:
/Users/valerie/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2011/chickens/IMG_0195.JPG (can someone please tell me how to do this the right way??)
If not, or if you'd like more photos, I'd be happy to supply them.
I'm not supposed to have roosters in my area, and I don't want to send them off to a bad place. I will gladly deliver anywhere in Connecticut.
Thanks,
Valerie

Welcome Fuzzyglasses. There are alot of really helpful people here. I am still learning about chickens and in the process of building a coop (well..actually my husband is building it).

Lisa

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom