Connecticut!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Foghorn, Jan 14, 2007.

1. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    Quote:i you mean how to post pictures here are the steps

first go to uploads up at the top

then click browse

then find the picture

then click on the picture you want

then click submit and wait for it to load

then copy were it says image

the paste the image and you get your picture and it looks like this

[​IMG]

2. valerieann

valerieann New Egg

Jun 30, 2011
    Thank you so much! I love your goat--so jealous!
    Once again, with feeling, here are some of the "boys" [​IMG] "Romeo" is the white one in the middle:

[​IMG]

3. bella1210

bella1210 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2010
    ct
    Quote:your welcome

4. PamB

PamB Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    UGH! I have to perform my first (and let's all pray ONLY) crop surgery tomorrow. I can't believe it. I've tried everything and this poor chicken's crop is so impacted, it looks like surgery is the only option. Anyone in CT have experience and want to give me a hand?? I'm a nervous wreck!!!! If not, wish me luck and keep your fingers crossed for us.

[​IMG]

5. The reluctant chicken

The reluctant chicken Out Of The Brooder

Jun 6, 2011
    Litchfield County
    Good Luck today!!! I'm sure you will do a great job.. Let us know how you make out with the surgery.

6. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    It is done. Here is a picture of what was in there...YUCK! I just hope I stitched her up correctly. That was difficult to do the crop and outer skin separately. I washed the wound with betadine and saline and sprayed with blue kote. I'm going to give her water w/antibiotics to further prevent any infection. I sterilized EVERYTHING we used very well. I hope she recovers well. She was up walking around and preening immediately after the surgery. I put her in a dark area alone hoping she would just rest a while.

[​IMG]

7. The reluctant chicken

Jun 6, 2011
    Litchfield County
    wow..great job! [​IMG] [​IMG] Do you know what causes crops to become impacted? What can be done to prevent it?

8. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Quote:I don't know. She eats and has access to the same things that all my others do. Honestly, I NEVER, EVER would have thought I could do this. I'm amazed that I was able to.

9. The reluctant chicken

Jun 6, 2011
    Litchfield County
    Maybe she gulps her food...[​IMG] Well, I'm calling you if I ever need to do this; you could walk me through it. [​IMG]

10. PamB

Jul 20, 2010
    Dayville, CT
    Quote:Haha...I wouldn't say I am an expert by any means. Let's see how she heals. If she heals up fine, then I will consider it successful.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by