Connecticut!

I feel for you both with the damaged run/coop. We have a lot of branches down but luckily they missed the coop. However, with power still out we are bringing the 5 girls into the garage each night into the big dog crate. They must like it; as soon as I put them out this morning they beelined for the coop and thanked me with 2 eggs-their first 2 egg day! The BR has been laying well for a couple weeks, and now the SLW has joined her - NOW we're talking!
Stay warm, fingers crossed for power to come back!

my chickens been in dog crates in our bedroom, they are so unhappy, i feel bad, i got to go there tomorrow and clean out the crates with disinfectant and throw out the blankets. i didnt know it was gonna be this bad, i just feel so bad for my chickens
Quote:

frow.gif

Hi CT Peeps!!! I'm still in a bad way at my farm
sad.png
I will not have power till after Sunday from what CL&P is telling me due to the severe damage in my area. Because I am high up in Elevation on Beacon Cap/Bethany Mtn we had 13+ inches fall with tons of Oak Trees with full green leaf folliage on them. In order to get out of my street I have to drive over wires all over the ground. My Big Monster Generator Bit the dust, and my back up Generator is too small and can not power anything but, a few lights in the house and our fridges and freezer. So, I lost two chicks due to lack of brooder lamps
hit.gif

I decided to take my 5-6 wk old silkies and put them in with the adults to help with keeping them warm. I just hope that was the right decision and not the wrong one
hide.gif

We have repaired most of the damage and had to cut down 20+ trees so, all and all I guess we are doing better but, I would be much better if I had some power!!!

I have to bathe 4 chickens to go to the show on Friday and I don't know how the heck I'm going to do it. I can bathe two the day before the show which is okay b/c they are silkes but, my Large Fowl need two-three days to get their feathers back with fluff and shine. Id o plan on still going so I hope to see most of you there!!
ya.gif

I do not have internet at home so I can only sneak on every now and then.

Hope the rest of you are okay and all your chickies are okay too!!!

Best Wishes,
Beth

Oh Beth, I'm so sorry to hear that. Your 2 kids here are good. During the power out I brought them a hot water bottle just in case, but they were fine with Bobby. Good luck at the show.

Thanks Jill, I tried everything and I think that they were weak to begin with and me babying them for awhile worked but, when the cold weather sets in no babying can help a weak chick
wink.png
Glad to hear the two kids are doing good!!
thumbsup.gif
Thanks again for all your help!!!
Quote:

nothing we can do, i emailed pam and asked her if we can get the chickens next weekend since i have no heat for the chicks
Beth G. :

Sorry for you too
hugs.gif

Quote:​

Back
Top Bottom