Connecticut!

Pics
Quote:
What will you be showing at that show your Polish? I know Oxford, MA is far but, maybe you could convince your Mom to take you up there just to be a vistor vrs. a comp. thingy....
wink.png

Beth G. :

Hi Everyone,

I called the Dept of Ag Vet's phone number and they had a woman call me back. The lady is coming to my house to test from I believe the Heath dept. She said if anyone wants to know I do not pay her to come out. I only pay when the Lab sends me the certificate and it's a $1 per bird. If anyone needs her number let me know!

Thanks,
Beth

I would love the number. I just got bad news about my horse so maybe I'll take up chicken showing this winter to take up some of my free time (yeah right, FREE time!).

~Terry

PS- How did you make out w/Buffy? hope she made the trip OK.​

Quote:
I would love the number. I just got bad news about my horse so maybe I'll take up chicken showing this winter to take up some of my free time (yeah right, FREE time!).
~Terry
PS- How did you make out w/Buffy? hope she made the trip OK.

Hi, Buffy is still here. I'm waiting for the USPS money order to arrive. As of today it hasn't gotten here so it looks like I will have her till next week b/c I do not want to ship her too close to the weekend
sad.png

I called 860-713-2504 they should be able to help you there if not google State of CT Ag Vet. Dr. Lis should come up with her contact information
wink.png

sorry to hear about your horsey!!

Have you gone there before? I've probably talked to you before if you did...haha! I'll be bring my Belgian Bearded Quail D'Anver and my Bearded White Polish!

Beth G. :

Quote:
Hey Sam,

Thanks for the link I think I am going to go to this one for sure!!! I just hope I'm up to it in the middle of the winter burrrr...lol

Did you find out if your health cert is still good for your birds to got to the Boston Expo? I have Mary from the CT dept of Ag coming to my house to test some birds for me and I'm not 100% sure but, I may or may not enter one of my birds at the show. I will be selling some though.

You will have to teach me Sam the in and outs of showing!! I haven't shown in over 20 years!! There is alot to know with the way things are done now compared to years ago in my old Oxbury 4-H club.

TTYL,
Beth

I'm going to try to go too! I think it will be a fun experience for my daughter & I. Beth, maybe you'll be selling some silkies??
wink.png
fl.gif

Quote:
Thanks, I did make it to Shagbark last weekend and they had it but told me not to spend the money on it if I didn't see evidence of pests. I guess I was thinking more along the lines of using it as a preventative measure. I then did some more reading on the topic in the forum. I did not realize DE was such a contraversial topic! Where do the candidates stand on this issue! To DE or not to DE?!?
lol.png

Quote:
I know I'll go because it's a reasonable drive. I do have to say I went to that one last year hoping to pick up some new girls, but all anyone was selling was roosters. I'm not zoned for roosters.

I would flip out happy if there was ever a chickenstock in CT.

Quote:
Hey Sam,

Thanks for the link I think I am going to go to this one for sure!!! I just hope I'm up to it in the middle of the winter burrrr...lol

Did you find out if your health cert is still good for your birds to got to the Boston Expo? I have Mary from the CT dept of Ag coming to my house to test some birds for me and I'm not 100% sure but, I may or may not enter one of my birds at the show. I will be selling some though.

You will have to teach me Sam the in and outs of showing!! I haven't shown in over 20 years!! There is alot to know with the way things are done now compared to years ago in my old Oxbury 4-H club.

TTYL,
Beth

I'm going to try to go too! I think it will be a fun experience for my daughter & I. Beth, maybe you'll be selling some silkies??
wink.png
fl.gif

Yea, and then maybe I can convince my parents.....

Quote:
Hey Sam,
TTYL,
Beth

wink.png
fl.gif

Hi PamB,
I will have some silkies for sale in a few weeks. I just need to see them grow out more to decide who my next showgirls will be for my daughter and nieces. I will keep you posted
smile.png

Beth

Back
Top Bottom