Connecticut!

I know at least one other chickenbuddy from Connectiut is here.
wink.png
Right Jen?

-Eric
hahha! I'm Jen from CT too!

In April I will have 2-3 laying hens available if someone out there is looking for chickens but not wanting to go through the process of growing them out. 3 hens is a perfect amount for a first time flock. My ladies will be 1 year old in May. They have been on organic non soy/corn since day one, and are fantastic foragers. The breeds are Marans and Silverrudds.
I may be interested in one, but I understand if you want to keep them together. I have a lonely hen who could use company.

No one died. I have a Salmon Faverolles hen (Fleur) who had a hard molt early winter and never fully regained her strength. I separated her because she was bullied. I tried to get her back in the flock, but the bullying continued. She can see her flock mates, but has become reclusive. I had one non-bullying hen (Heather) with her for a few hours and Fleur perked up. But Heather wants to be with the main flock. I have two coops and a shared, dividable run.

No one died. I have a Salmon Faverolles hen (Fleur) who had a hard molt early winter and never fully regained her strength. I separated her because she was bullied. I tried to get her back in the flock, but the bullying continued. She can see her flock mates, but has become reclusive. I had one non-bullying hen (Heather) with her for a few hours and Fleur perked up. But Heather wants to be with the main flock. I have two coops and a shared, dividable run.
Im sorry to hear that. Yea chickens are definitely flock animals. I wish I could tell you that Id be willing to sell you one of my marans but they are both bigger and might bully her. They are higher on the pecking order. Best wishes for Fleur!

I do have chicks coming in April if you are still looking by then, I may have an extra lady or a friendly roo!

i have 3 guinea hens from my hatch last summer if anyone near danbury is interested in a small group of them, they are a little skittish and not doing great with the rest of my guineas they do however do good with chickens since they were raised with them, I will not sell them as meat birds or overnight free-range birds unless there is a watch animal out at night as well 2 males 1 female

Hi am looking for a female duck or two to add to my flock. If you have any for sale or need rehoming, please let me know. Need asap to help cheer up my recently solo and very lonely drake :(
Will drive anywhere in CT to pick up. I love ducks, they are my pets and I treat them with lots of love and care.

Back
Top Bottom