Connecticut!

I was up there last week, and saw lots of cute silkie babies! The blues were really cute (tho I'm not a silkie person).. I'm sure you'll be happy with them:)

Scratch that...I just got a call stating the chicks they have are "too old" to be shipped. I will try to place another order in the next couple of weeks if I cannot find another source. Disappointed because I was told they had some that were a week old they could ship, and am now being told they are too old to be shipped?

I believe there was miscommunication somewhere. I emailed before placing the order to see if they could A. Ship their chicks, and B. what colors they had available. A girl got back to me saying they had some that were a week old in blue, black, grey, white, red and partridge. A man called me today and informed me the only ones he had were "too old" to ship and that they will have more around the 6th of May. Just weird. How old is too old to ship? I just don't understand how you go from having 1 wk olds to now too old in a matter of 2 days.

Oh and yes that doesn't make sense,somebody there is confused I guess.Did you try that hatchery in NY,sorry I forgot the name of it.

I'm trying to stay away from hatcheries, I was drawn to Cameron farms because they had pictures on their website of what I believe is their own breeding stock and they had nice bearded silkies with nice feet feathering. I don't think hatchery chicks are as nice. I'm still looking and if I can't find anything I will place another order with Cameron in May when they have more chicks. Just growing frustrated with being unable to find anything. :-( I'm waiting to hear back from EastCoast Silkies on 3 four week old chicks.

For everyone who bought from Cameron Family Farm did anyone buy silkies?? Are you happy with them? I ordered 5 on Friday and am waiting for them to be shipped to me here in NY. And does anyone know if the pictures that are on their website are their own breeding stock??i
Hi,
I got a Blue Silkie from them a week ago. I love her. Cameron Family Farm was great. The people were very nice too!

Hi,
I got a Blue Silkie from them a week ago. I love her. Cameron Family Farm was great. The people were very nice too!

That is such a cute little chick!!
Oh ya I hear you especially when you wanted it

Now that I know they have silkies and are willing to ship, I will definitely keep them in mind for future purchases. I actually found someone with lavenders (which is what I was looking for originally but had no luck and decided to go with blues) who is willing to ship overnight. So we'll see how that goes. Cameron Farms said they should have some more blues and buff hatching around May 6th.

Back
Top Bottom