Connecticut!

Congrats. My slackers will be 35 weeks on Sunday, and nada. 

I know that waiting is tough. I hope they start laying for you soon. The days are slowly getting longer and that should motivate them. I know I was ready to fry my chickens until I found that first egg. They definitely bought themselves a reprieve.

I know that waiting is tough. I hope they start laying for you soon. The days are slowly getting longer and that should motivate them. I know I was ready to fry my chickens until I found that first egg. They definitely bought themselves a reprieve.
I know, my older girls were the same way. At least they have nice red comes and wattles and are starting to watch with interest when the big girls go in the nest boxes. Maybe soon. Cochins are slow to mature, but shesh!
tongue.gif

I'm just going to respond with quoting I'm still not used to the new BYC even though it's been like this for two years lol. But, Chester is out for a couple of different reasons size is a major one, Durham was an option but Cost is part of the problem, back in the 80s we used to have it at Bethlehem fairgrounds but folks say that's too much off the beaten path, Guilford has that pavilion type building, and unless they put sides on it, it's just not going to be worth the risk if we get a wind or
Rain, North Haven we have no info on yet as they do not have committee meetings in winter. So needless to say there is a lot to look at when choosing a location. But The Connecticut Poultry Breeders Society will be meeting First weekend in March and we will hopefully get it all figured out :)

Btw New Chick my exhibition buff Orps just turned a year old this month and put of 8 girls one laid her first egg Monday and it froze solid!!! Ughhh

I'm just going to respond with quoting I'm still not used to the new BYC even though it's been like this for two years lol. But, Chester is out for a couple of different reasons size is a major one, Durham was an option but Cost is part of the problem, back in the 80s we used to have it at Bethlehem fairgrounds but folks say that's too much off the beaten path, Guilford has that pavilion type building, and unless they put sides on it, it's just not going to be worth the risk if we get a wind or
Rain, North Haven we have no info on yet as they do not have committee meetings in winter. So needless to say there is a lot to look at when choosing a location. But The Connecticut Poultry Breeders Society will be meeting First weekend in March and we will hopefully get it all figured out
smile.png

Btw New Chick my exhibition buff Orps just turned a year old this month and put of 8 girls one laid her first egg Monday and it froze solid!!! Ughhh
Is Harwinton too far north? They have a great facility.

Back
Top Bottom