Connecticut!

New Chick if we do a show it will be still in lower CT and we are actually considering North Haven fairgrounds
smile.png
. If you need a broody I'm sure I could give you a silkie to help! I actually have a Cochin pullet I could part with she is black and can not be shown let me know if you'd be interested. She's very sweet
smile.png
North haven would be centrally located. Hope that works out.

Thanks, I'll let you know about the broody thing. I actually have 2 black cochin pullets and a black orp pullet that I am keeping my eye on to see if any want to be mamas. They were the chicks I got from your friend last spring and they are gorgeous!
droolin.gif

Glad the birds worked out from my friend New Chick :)

II glad to here you all are wintering well I often wonder why I still live in the northeast every time I shovel one of my nine coops/runs ughhh

Let's hope North Haven works as it's so easy to get to and I hear it's got a brand new livestock building Woot!!

Who's fired up their bators yet??

Glad the birds worked out from my friend New Chick :)

II glad to here you all are wintering well I often wonder why I still live in the northeast every time I shovel one of my nine coops/runs ughhh

Let's hope North Haven works as it's so easy to get to and I hear it's got a brand new livestock building Woot!!

Who's fired up their bators yet??

I definitely want to catch some shows this year.
I've got some eggs going into lockdown today (yay!) and next week, and firing up another bator today for some eggs due to arrive tomorrow through Friday... Got my hands full!! er, my bators full anyway :)

What kind of Cochins do you show? Partridge?

My chicks are doing fine with this chilly weather...I rehomed my coronation sussex roo, snowy a couple weeks ago. HATED to do it, but he was chasing the older girls off the food, and it got to the point, they wouldn't even come off the roosts in the morning:((( He went to live on the same farm my wheaten ameracuna went to, and has aLOT more girls to hang with ..I can visit him if I want,so I know he is in good hands:)

Girls are much happier without him, altho his 'small' circle of girls were looking for him for a few days..

I'm finding inside my coop its running 20 degrees warmer than outside, so those girls are throwing off some heat..I tarped in my run, keeps the wind out, two big windows let the sun in and warm things up as well.. Here's a pic

BETH G>> sorry they lost the haddam site! Have you checked out CHester Fairgrounds? I remember years ago they used to hold a chicken show there when I used to go to a dog match, I always would check out the chickens:) My agility club rents the grounds every year for dog show...

What's that?
My chicks are doing fine with this chilly weather...I rehomed my coronation sussex roo, snowy a couple weeks ago. HATED to do it, but he was chasing the older girls off the food, and it got to the point, they wouldn't even come off the roosts in the morning:((( He went to live on the same farm my wheaten ameracuna went to, and has aLOT more girls to hang with ..I can visit him if I want,so I know he is in good hands:) Girls are much happier without him, altho his 'small' circle of girls were looking for him for a few days.. I'm finding inside my coop its running 20 degrees warmer than outside, so those girls are throwing off some heat..I tarped in my run, keeps the wind out, two big windows let the sun in and warm things up as well.. Here's a pic BETH G>> sorry they lost the haddam site! Have you checked out CHester Fairgrounds? I remember years ago they used to hold a chicken show there when I used to go to a dog match, I always would check out the chickens:) My agility club rents the grounds every year for dog show...
My chicks are doing fine with this chilly weather...I rehomed my coronation sussex roo, snowy a couple weeks ago. HATED to do it, but he was chasing the older girls off the food, and it got to the point, they wouldn't even come off the roosts in the morning:((( He went to live on the same farm my wheaten ameracuna went to, and has aLOT more girls to hang with ..I can visit him if I want,so I know he is in good hands:) Girls are much happier without him, altho his 'small' circle of girls were looking for him for a few days.. I'm finding inside my coop its running 20 degrees warmer than outside, so those girls are throwing off some heat..I tarped in my run, keeps the wind out, two big windows let the sun in and warm things up as well.. Here's a pic BETH G>> sorry they lost the haddam site! Have you checked out CHester Fairgrounds? I remember years ago they used to hold a chicken show there when I used to go to a dog match, I always would check out the chickens:) My agility club rents the grounds every year for dog show...
Hamburg grounds or guilford fairgrounds..?

Back
Top Bottom