Connecticut!

My husbands reminds me often how cold the winters used to be back in the 70s and 80s. I remember a snow storm one April back in the 70s, shutting schools for 3 days. Hopefully that won't happen this year. Looking for an early spring and warm summer.

I wouldn't say no to an early spring. My girls would be OK with it too. Although, I've been growing wheat grass for them and they are loving greens in the middle of winter.

Mine love collard greens I grow them in the garden for then in summer and buy them occasionally during winter,along with green beans and snap peas and broccoli.

Last edited:
My husbands reminds me often how cold the winters used to be back in the 70s and 80s. I remember a snow storm one April back in the 70s, shutting schools for 3 days. Hopefully that won't happen this year. Looking for an early spring and warm summer.

Me too, I'll bet you remember the civic center roof collapsing and that crazy ice storm we had it also seemed like we had bigger snowstorms back then.

How's the Connecticut Crew doing? How's everyone's flock fending the weird New England Weather?? I don't come on here much but was thinking about you all. Hope everyone is well
lol.png

How's the Connecticut Crew doing? How's everyone's flock fending the weird New England Weather?? I don't come on here much but was thinking about you all. Hope everyone is well
lol.png
Hey Beth, good to hear from you. Just dreaming of Spring and planning the new, bigger coop!

How's your brood? Are you going to be showing much this year?

Hey Beth, good to hear from you. Just dreaming of Spring and planning the new, bigger coop!

How's your brood? Are you going to be showing much this year?

Hey New Chick! I am dreaming of spring too! I just fired up the small Bator and threw a few eggs in there for Ha-Ha's. I did show at Congress a week ago it was a good time. We are still working on your Connecticut Show for 2014. We lost the East Haddam location due to the barn being used for storage so we are looking for a new spot and are looking at a date in June. Other than that lots of shows coming up. The Delmarva is April 5&6t, Sussex NJ show is Saturday May 17th, Little Rhody is on Sunday May 18th, Maine is Sunday May 25th the day before Memorial Day. So looks like a busy schedule for me and the flock this spring. Did anyone get a chance to check out Congress this year?

Hey New Chick! I am dreaming of spring too! I just fired up the small Bator and threw a few eggs in there for Ha-Ha's. I did show at Congress a week ago it was a good time. We are still working on your Connecticut Show for 2014. We lost the East Haddam location due to the barn being used for storage so we are looking for a new spot and are looking at a date in June. Other than that lots of shows coming up. The Delmarva is April 5&6t, Sussex NJ show is Saturday May 17th, Little Rhody is on Sunday May 18th, Maine is Sunday May 25th the day before Memorial Day. So looks like a busy schedule for me and the flock this spring. Did anyone get a chance to check out Congress this year?
Wow, it sounds like you are all over this spring. Bummed about Haddem, I liked that one. hope they find a new home. Are you showing just cochins these days or a little of everything?

After we build the new coop I'll be in the market for either eggs or chicks (depending on if anyone goes broody. I lost my best broody girl to a coyote a while back and no one else has proven to be serious about it)

New Chick if we do a show it will be still in lower CT and we are actually considering North Haven fairgrounds :). If you need a broody I'm sure I could give you a silkie to help! I actually have a Cochin pullet I could part with she is black and can not be shown let me know if you'd be interested. She's very sweet :)

Back
Top Bottom