Connecticut!

yes, I think I'm going to try that so they have a snack area-
big_smile.png

I'm also looking for ideas for more shrub like plants that they won't eat, just to give them some "landscaping" so they aren't just in a big empty yard.

Hey vamvakas i got 2 of your lorps!
Better call kim!
Can you not lol.. I'm dealing with some kind of bandit that killed half my chicks from 2 broody hens by ripping chicks heads off at night and it keeps coming back every night, but put cinder blocks in front of coop doors and the animal can't push the blocks. I ordered a foot snare trap hopefully I can get the animal by breaking it's legs or its face. Plus this week money was tight had to get the new mens European haircut, if you watch FIFA world cup tons of soccer players had it.

Evening Everyone,
Wanted to pop on here and ask if anyone knew of any properties in the north eastern corner of CT that are available to rent (possibly rent to own if not no biggie) that will allow me raise the few the chickens I have left on the property. My family currently resides in upstate Ny, we have to relocate due to my husbands new job and I would like to bring at least the birds I've invested the most money in to this new property. I'm currently down to 1 coop for my 5 Silkie hens and 1 sizzle roo and a smaller coop for my 2 Orp hens that I'd like to hang onto for egg consumption for our family. It's hard finding a place that will accept chickens right off the bat, so I thought maybe there's someone here who might know of someone and not mind them seeing as how they are an animal that lives outdoors and not in the house. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Can you not lol.. I'm dealing with some kind of bandit that killed half my chicks from 2 broody hens by ripping chicks heads off at night and it keeps coming back every night, but put cinder blocks in front of coop doors and the animal can't push the blocks.  I ordered a foot snare trap hopefully I can get the animal by breaking it's legs or its face.  Plus this week money was tight had to get the new mens European haircut, if you watch FIFA world cup tons of soccer players had it.

Sounds like classic fisher cat they are known to decapitate there prey.

Heard something funny yesterday morning while I was getting ready for work. I thought maybe one of my kids had snuck past the bathroom and was making silly noises downstairs. I heard it again and looked out the window that looks into my chicken area.
It was my roo, crowing for the first time! I managed to capture 2 of his attempts at cockadoodledoo lol
He's so cute. Now I just have to hope my neighbors don't care about the noise!! I'm in Bristol and technically roosters aren't allowed. :/
0.jpg

Sounds cute - much nicer than our silkie roo who's now 2 years old and sounds like he's being strangled when he crows. Not a very melodious boy, but now we have 2 bantam cochin boys growing up. They're 13 weeks and one is crowing and trying to mate the little OEGB. The joys of the TSC bantam bin lottery....

Geetings fellow CT'ers

For those that use Blue Seal Organic Life Layer pellets..

Have you noticed anything different with it?? The last three bags had a lot of pulverized food product, so much so that we have to use a strainer to get to the pellets. The first time this happened was back in March, I brought the bag back and was given a new bag, when I got home and opened it, it was the same way. We just finished it. Last week I went back to the same place and this new bag is the same way.

We have to sift; otherwise the dust ends up in the bottom of the feeder not allowing the pellets to come down for the birds to eat.

I have called Blue Seal and I am waiting an answer ( been waiting since Friday)

Out of a 50lb bag there must be about 10-15 lbs of dust.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom