Connecticut!

I am in bristol. Someone just pulled up to a pond near my inlaws house and dumped a little white duck. I have her and am headed home but I can't keep her. Can anyone help!!?

So happy with my new chickens from @Veer67! They're all settling in well after a rough first day against my hen (Kevin. yes shes a hen named Kevin) Luckily everyone is getting much closer. Little Toto likes to stay with mommy everywhere but Coco isnt afraid of Kevin & even sunbathes with her! Coco is the friendliest chicken Ive ever met. So thankful for all my lovely ladies! (and gentleman!)

I've got 5 Purebred Isbar Cockerels...this is a Rare breed! The only single combed, green egg laying breed. These were hatched March 7th. All are blue. Very sweet little boys but I really do not want to keep feeding chicks I have no use for. Pick up in Sandy Hook or meet up within a reasonable distance. Chicks are FREE!!!!

Also have a 6 month old Isbar boy who is getting picked on by my other rooster (comb damage) FREE as well :)

I am sorry everyone for taking so long to post pictures and update on the dumped ducks. I've been having trouble with my email account and have been very busy so I didn't realize how much time had gone by...

Anyway, I do not have any news since my last post, but here are the pictures showing off some of the ducks.

These are two new white drakes that were either not there the first time I went or I just didn't see them.

The two call/east indies/mallard type crosses.

Here they are again with a mallard and the buff orpington-type drake. Earlier I thought the mallard was a hybrid because it looked different to me, but after looking at pictures of it next to mallards, I'm now almost positive it is just a mallard. The only thing is it has a weird crest, not like a "crested duck" but more like a wood duck. Here you can see it... Is it just an injury or something?

-

This is the white duck I saw the first time but was unable to take a picture of. Its in the same spot as before and never lifted its head, so this is the best pic I have of it.
I have a couple other pictures I will share later. If I do them all at once it can take forever to load.
---

I am in bristol. Someone just pulled up to a pond near my inlaws house and dumped a little white duck. I have her and am headed home but I can't keep her. Can anyone help!!?

Did you find anyone to take the duck yet?

I am sorry everyone for taking so long to post pictures and update on the dumped ducks. I've been having trouble with my email account and have been very busy so I didn't realize how much time had gone by... Anyway, I do not have any news since my last post, but here are the pictures showing off some of the ducks. These are two new white drakes that were either not there the first time I went or I just didn't see them. The two call/east indies/mallard type crosses. Here they are again with a mallard and the buff orpington-type drake. Earlier I thought the mallard was a hybrid because it looked different to me, but after looking at pictures of it next to mallards, I'm now almost positive it is just a mallard. The only thing is it has a weird crest, not like a "crested duck" but more like a wood duck. Here you can see it... Is it just an injury or something? - This is the white duck I saw the first time but was unable to take a picture of. Its in the same spot as before and never lifted its head, so this is the best pic I have of it. I have a couple other pictures I will share later. If I do them all at once it can take forever to load. ---
Did you find anyone to take the duck yet?
I went to the park a couple of weeks ago. The Ducks swimming in te water didn't seem to mind the food I gave them but the group over where the daffodils are seemed really hungry. The big group of geese swam away when I came near. Most of the waterfowl seem to prefer the bread over the poultry feed. I also saw a woman throwing rocks at a Muscovy (drake?) who was sitting on a rock and wouldn't move. :(

Last edited:
I went to the park a couple of weeks ago. The Ducks swimming in te water didn't seem to mind the food I gave them but the group over where the daffodils are seemed really hungry. The big group of geese swam away when I came near. Most of the waterfowl seem to prefer the bread over the poultry feed. I also saw a woman throwing rocks at a Muscovy (drake?) who was sitting on a rock and wouldn't move.
sad.png

That's terrible. That must be why the muscovy was limping more the second time I saw him- I thought he had been fighting with other birds, not that people had hurt him. What a terrible thing for someone to do. What would she gain from throwing rocks? It's like people do bad things just for the sake of doing bad things.

"Group 1" always seem to be by the daffodils and they do enjoy to eat. I talked to a person there who always feeds them cracked corn, so I think that is why they are so tame and willing to eat other things than bread. It's too bad that person couldn't just take them home.

What you say about the muscovy upsets me so much. Was it the same brown one in the pictures? There was only one when I was there last. He (I believe it is male) was very friendly and came within a few feet of me the first time I saw him. I will see if there is anything else I can do for him and the rest that I haven't tried already.

I may as well upload a few more pictures from last time I was there.

Here they are eating some pellets I gave them. The black swede in the middle is female, the others are male. I could tell by their voices and curly feathers.

This pink-billed female (I think) was eating trash in the same spot both times I went. If I can find time to go again, maybe I will bring a net to scoop out the trash. I say its a female because it has no drake feather and is significantly smaller than the orange-billed drake it hangs out with.

The muscovy and toulouse.
If anyone else ever visits the park or hears news, please let me know here or through private message. I like being up to date and knowing others are trying to help.

Anybody in Southeast Connecticut looking for a beautiful white rooster or know someone who would take him? He is not overly aggressive but since they are not free range he makes it difficult to enjoy my hens. We want him to live a nice life free range and not be killed for meat. Please let me know!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom