Connecticut!

Will anyone be hatching either Easter Eggers or Olive Eggers this spring? My mom really wants a couple because she likes the colored eggs.
I will have eggs and chicks, for Blue Black Splash Ameraucanas and Copper Marans, Wheaten Ameraucanas, Legbars and White Sport Legbars along with some easter egger and olive egger crosses and Welsh Harlequin ducks. I am near the CT/ MA border in the North Granby CT Southwick MA area

I plan to hatch out wheaten ameracaunas (blue eggs) this spring (April). We want colored eggs too. 

Thank you for the fast response but my mom really would like the easter eggers or olive eggers. :/

[COLOR=333333]I will have eggs and chicks, for Blue Black Splash Ameraucanas and Copper Marans, Wheaten Ameraucanas, Legbars and White Sport Legbars along with some easter egger and olive egger crosses and Welsh Harlequin ducks.  I am near the CT/ MA border in the North Granby CT Southwick MA area[/COLOR]

Thank you so much for the response. I'd be interested in the olive egger crosses. But I only want 2-3 due to the fact that I already have 5 chickens and only have room for 8.

[COLOR=333333]I will have eggs and chicks, for Blue Black Splash Ameraucanas and Copper Marans, Wheaten Ameraucanas, Legbars and White Sport Legbars along with some easter egger and olive egger crosses and Welsh Harlequin ducks.  I am near the CT/ MA border in the North Granby CT Southwick MA area[/COLOR]

Windy ridge do you have a website or Facebook page? Are you NPIP?

Thank you for the fast response but my mom really would like the easter eggers or olive eggers.
hmm.png

Thank you so much for the response. I'd be interested in the olive egger crosses. But I only want 2-3 due to the fact that I already have 5 chickens and only have room for 8.
Lamaremybabies we are in the same situation. I have 5 and my coop can hold 10 max. I plan to keep about 8 total (so 3 from the 6 I hatch) and I know that I will probably hatch roos. I am not sure if ameraucanas are sex-linked or not but if you are getting day old chicks, might be good to get a couple extra and then rehome your roosters after.

Lamaremybabies we are in the same situation. I have 5 and my coop can hold 10 max. I plan to keep about 8 total (so 3 from the 6 I hatch) and I know that I will probably hatch roos. I am not sure if ameraucanas are sex-linked or not but if you are getting day old chicks, might be good to get a couple extra and then rehome your roosters after. 

Oh okay. That's a good idea.

Yea, it would be great if you had a place to see parental chickens. I am def. interested in half a dozen or so eggs.
I am a small breeder and usually list my hatching eggs and chicks on craigslist. I will occasionally have older pullets as well but try not to as it is usually not worth it. For example the people I got my Marans stock from sell day old straight run chicks for $32 each whereas I sold laying age pullets for $25 and I am left with the extra roosters.
I do not have a website or Facebook page. I will tell you that most breeders of quality stock will not offer to show you their flock and will politely decline if you ask. Some breeders will not even let you on the property, preferring to meet you offsite. People invest a lot of time and money into their flocks and do not want the risk of someone bringing something in from their own flock. Allowing other people with chickens to see your flock would undo the quarantine a breeder does whenever they add new stock.

Back
Top Bottom