Connecticut!

Pics
Quote:
Poor Girls!
sad.png

I have a Splash bantam cochin roo that I may be rehoming because he's too rough on my little girls! It's such a tough call because he's a great help keeping them safe when they free range (and he & my other roo are actually great buddies), but I have to think the girls will be happier, and I can always replace him in the Spring when I (hopefully) hatch out some eggs.
He is very respectful of people and can go with or without some of "his" girls if anyone is interested!

Beth G. :

Is anyone on the CT forum N.P.I.P. certified with the State of CT? Or have you contacted them and felt like you were getting brushed off?

Just curious.

Tx,
B

I think Celtic Hill has been in contact w/the state about NPIP &/or being licensed as a "poultry dealer" in CT.
Maybe he can help.​

Hi All! I am trying to find a home for my white silkie cockeral. If you know anyone who may be interested, please check out my listing on here. He is such a sweetie and I'm really sad to have to rehome him, but he is getting into fights with my top cockeral and he is getting beat up. I have him separated now because he is being picked on. I want to find him a nice place to live ASAP.
fl.gif

Quote:
I think Celtic Hill has been in contact w/the state about NPIP &/or being licensed as a "poultry dealer" in CT.
Maybe he can help.

To my understanding we do not have an NPIP, im might email the state DEP inspector who does the poultry and find out if there is an NPIP. But if you are looking to get birds tested you can PM me and i will send you the number. If you have called the DEP and they didnt get back to you it is because all the inspectors are out in the feild, and dont call the sate vet because she dosn't do anything but sign the papers, i dont mean that in a rude way but DEP handles all it. So it will take them a while to get back to you.

Quote:
Maybe he can help.

To my understanding we do not have an NPIP, im might email the state DEP inspector who does the poultry and find out if there is an NPIP. But if you are looking to get birds tested you can PM me and i will send you the number. If you have called the DEP and they didnt get back to you it is because all the inspectors are out in the feild, and dont call the sate vet because she dosn't do anything but sign the papers, i dont mean that in a rude way but DEP handles all it. So it will take them a while to get back to you.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the responses. I did call State Vet's office b/c that is the contact on the N.P.I.P. website. There are I think 3 ppl listed in the state of CT on there. But, one has a Mexico address?? I get the feeling b/c I am just a backyard flock person who wants to breed nice show birds I'm not worth the their time. I did call USDA and they told me I have to go through the State of CT Ag Vet. I did have Mary out here to test some of my birds I intend to take to the Boston Poultry Show this upcoming Sunday and she encouraged me to push for the N.P.I.P. She thinks it is a wise practice for all backyard flocks that are being bred and sold.

I don't know. I guess I will just have to wait and see how long it take Dr. Lis to call me back. If she doesn't call me by Wednesday I guess I will call again and if I do not get anywhere I will try USDA again. They told me she is the one to do it.

Take Care,
Beth

Hello everyone! I am new to this online community. We got our first set of chickens in June of this year. We just go our first egg 4 days ago. We currently have 4 golden comets, 2 EEs, 1 barred rock and 1 red star. I have only ever belonged to a mom online community; so I am a bit nervous about branching out.
smile.png
We relocated to western CT 2 years ago from AZ. My sister in AZ also has backyard chickens.

Last edited:
Thank you! I will update my signature tomorrow. I also trail race and need to go get some exercise before winding down for the night. We have 5 children and homeschool; so alone time is a commodity.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom