Considering a house silkie Need info!!!

String Bean stays in a rabbit cage on wheels until I put down wood floors, as she likes to rip carpet....lol
She also doesn't like to share her cage.
Coco is easy going....she runs the house in her diaper...and if I leave she jumps up on the couch and sleeps on her blanket till I return. She also.hops up there to lay her egg or lay with me watching TV...She likes to follow us around the house. She has a pee.pad in her diaper that I change out when full or has an egg.. She has her own good dishes and when its bed time her diaper comes off and she sleeps in a dog bed covered with a pee pad on my nightstand. In the morning she waits for me to pick her up and wipe her feet with a baby wipe...put her diaper on...and she's off again....

Are there any drawbacks to having Silkies in the house?

Do they stink up the house?
Personally, the only drawbck I see in my indoor Silkie is the fact that she no longer acts like a chicken..but I think that is just mine girl.

No pet will stink a house if you practice good hygiene...

One drawback is Bean likes to try and rip up carpet...lol
You have.to be careful where you walk and don't.just sit down on a blanket...hehe
As in any house hold pet, if you don't clean you will get oder. ..... However...if one goes broody....broody poo is stinky. ...... ::p

Back
Top Bottom