Considering Getting More Silkies...Which Hatcheries Do You Recommend?

Starburst

Jesus Loves You
May 25, 2020
Western Washington
Hey, everyone! I hope you are doing well! :hugs I’m hoping to get a few more Silkies to add to my flock, as our current little one, Mochi, is getting bullied and is quite lonely. Anyway, I’m considering getting these chicks from online/shipped to me. Which hatcheries would you recommend? We wouldn’t be getting more than 5, so we need their limited amount of chicks allowed to chicks to be, say, 7. Thank you so, so much for your help!:hugs

Silkies are the best! Nice choice of breed!
For hatcheries, I'm going to strongly suggest not using one. Hatcheries are large facilities that don't always treat their birds well, and the chicks go through so much stress after hatch. First being plucked from the brooder, and then trown in a box for days to finally arrive in a brooder. Some chicks die in shipping which isn't worth supporting to me.
I personally opt for local breeders. Surly their are some in your area, and if you can't fid any that carry Silkies, message one of the breeders anyway, and ask if they know of anyone locally who does. They are all in contact with each other, and will have an answer for you. ☺️ Hope this post was helpful!

Silkies are the best! Nice choice of breed!
For hatcheries, I'm going to strongly suggest not using one. Hatcheries are large facilities that don't always treat their birds well, and the chicks go through so much stress after hatch. First being plucked from the brooder, and then trown in a box for days to finally arrive in a brooder. Some chicks die in shipping which isn't worth supporting to me.
I personally opt for local breeders. Surly their are some in your area, and if you can't fid any that carry Silkies, message one of the breeders anyway, and ask if they know of anyone locally who does. They are all in contact with each other, and will have an answer for you. ☺️ Hope this post was helpful!

This!

Back
Top Bottom