Consolidated Kansas

Quote:
Hi, Mike!

Yes, the guys may calm down- I've found that isolating them with older, wiser gals can bring them down to gentlemanly manners quickly- the girls beat the snot out of them unless they get asked out on a real date!

They will temper with age, too, but randy teenage boys are...randy teenage boys.

Good luck!

My intro - OK, I've been meaning to make it to this Kansas thread for a while now and finally have some time away from a million chickens!! I'm Jenn, aka Revolutionmama Ranch in Lawrence, KS. I raise rare, and threatened breeds of chickens and waterfowl. Sussex, Lavender Silkies, French Black Copper Marans, my new project Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. My waterfowl consist of show quality Indian Runner Ducks, we also have Sebastopol geese in white, lavender, and blue and one Giant Dewlap Toulouse. We have other poultry and waterfowl that are either rescues and our flock of soon to be laying hens that we got from the lovely ChooksChick. Excited to talk to other crazy chicken people out there in the world of Kansas!

379652812.jpg

Hey all! Just moved to KS. Lyndon to be exact and am enjoying it so far. I think I brought all the snow with me from Idaho. I guess mother nature didn't want my animals to feel like they had moved. LOL My husband has been here since August and we moved most the animals (ducks, chickens, goats, dogs, cats, ferret) around Thanksgiving. I made my final trip here right before X-mas (kids in school ya know). I have my horses set to arrive the first of March and I am so excited to see them.

I did downsize my flock a lot for the move and so now I am expecting some new chicks later this week. I also plan to raise more turkeys this year.

Hope all is well with everyone!!

Quote:
Hi!

Welcome to Kansas! You'll have to take a little trip to Lawrence and stroll around our downtown one Saturday- lots to see and some good restaurants. There's a museum of Kansas history there with some really interesting stories of our region's past, plus there are great museums (art, anthropology, natural history, etc.) on the KU campus, and that's a fun, free activity to do with the kids. They have great activities for grade-school aged kids over Spring Break at the Natural History Museum, and it's loads of fun.

Glad to have ya here!

Welcome, Jenn, beautiful girl you have there! What kind is she? I'm not too great at telling apart my rocks, sussexes, bramahs, etc.
Also welcome to Celeste! What part of Idaho are you from? I have friends up in Hope, and I used to go there every summer for about 20 years. Looks like we may have some more hospitable weather in store for you this week. Bring on the warm!

Last edited:
Welcome Jenn and Celeste! Great to see our Kansas chicken folks gathering on this thread. I'm in the building stage of my coop and hope to get my first chicks in March. Glad to have more nearby people to ask all my questions of!

Sad about my Coronation Sussex eggs I bought off of Eggbid last week, candled all and only one has growth (maybe)
hit.gif
- I set them with my own Sussex eggs and all mine are growing and moving around in the eggs. Hopefully didn't get old eggs because I spent a grip!

Last edited:
[Welcome, Jenn, beautiful girl you have there! What kind is she? I'm not too great at telling apart my rocks, sussexes, bramahs, etc.
Also welcome to Celeste! What part of Idaho are you from? I have friends up in Hope, and I used to go there every summer for about 20 years. Looks like we may have some more hospitable weather in store for you this week. Bring on the warm!]

I have posted a Light Sussex pullet, one of my sweet girls
D.gif
I love my Sussex!

Back
Top Bottom