Consolidated Kansas

Quote:
Why would anyone wanna eat a silkie
idunno.gif

lau.gif

Thanks Kansasboy!

I don't know why anyone eats what they eat. I knew that would be said or thought:p
Just had to mention it....prob cause I love the lil fellow!

Quote:
Thanks Kansas boy she is my daughter but we were thinking a silkie hen to go broody. Unless you want to throw a hen in with him
gig.gif

I love seeing all the new faces and input on here! I have yet ANOTHER broodie starting in...this makes 10. I'm pretty sure that at least 6 aren't really determined, and I've moved them to a completely different location to shake things up, so we'll see. I'm heavy on fresh chicks right now, but don't want to keep them all, so putting them under broodies really isn't an option.

I've gone and done it...added another breed...such a sucker...I can't even count how many varieties this gives me now...16?17?

Quote:
Did you see my wish list my DH is going to shoot me yet. I am still hoping some of my hens will go broody so I can get some local hatching eggs and see how they do hatching those plus a few of mine just to see the mix I get, I have a cochrin (sp) rooster over a mix of girls.

Quote:
Thanks Kansas boy she is my daughter but we were thinking a silkie hen to go broody. Unless you want to throw a hen in with him
gig.gif

No problem, yeah I couldn't find your link as fast
wink.png

I'm still looking... Thinking about hitting the swap meet here in town this weekend... If I run across some I'll definitely be letting you two know
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Did you see my wish list my DH is going to shoot me yet. I am still hoping some of my hens will go broody so I can get some local hatching eggs and see how they do hatching those plus a few of mine just to see the mix I get, I have a cochrin (sp) rooster over a mix of girls.

No, I missed your wish list! You need a bantam Cochin hen to go broodie- they love being on eggs. Silkies are a bit smaller...and I think they're about equal on broodiness. You can fit a bit more under a Cochin.

Quote:

No, I missed your wish list! You need a bantam Cochin hen to go broodie- they love being on eggs. Silkies are a bit smaller...and I think they're about equal on broodiness. You can fit a bit more under a Cochin.

Well then there is hope next year we got 3 Cochin bantams at tractor supply on April 3rd hoping they are girls. So I might get a broody hen yet.

Quote:

I need a broody that is big enough for all my pheasant eggs and chukar eggs I have. I them split between two broodies an a bator and still have eggs waiting
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom