Consolidated Kansas

Btw, anyone with Pyrs. Have you ever had them put under anesthesia or used a sedative on them? I'm wanting to get my males hips X-rayed this summer and I've really been worried about how I'll get that done without putting his life at risk. One of my cousins nearly lost her Pyr female when they tried a Very light dose of anesthesia to see if she could handle it. They wanted to get the dog spayed but ended up keeping her intact when she reacted badly to the light trial dose of anesthesia.

Btw, anyone with Pyrs. Have you ever had them put under anesthesia or used a sedative on them? I'm wanting to get my males hips X-rayed this summer and I've really been worried about how I'll get that done without putting his life at risk. One of my cousins nearly lost her Pyr female when they tried a Very light dose of anesthesia to see if she could handle it. They wanted to get the dog spayed but ended up keeping her intact when she reacted badly to the light trial dose of anesthesia.
I have had several under anesthesia, some for neutering and one for surgery. Never had any problems at all. I use a desk top so the only thing I see much different is the way the format is laid out. My guess is that dog had a sensitivity to the particular anesthesia they used. Good to see this thing back, but I'm still not getting notifications. Looks like I may have lost all my old messages

I have had several under anesthesia, some for neutering and one for surgery. Never had any problems at all. I use a desk top so the only thing I see much different is the way the format is laid out. My guess is that dog had a sensitivity to the particular anesthesia they used. Good to see this thing back, but I'm still not getting notifications. Looks like I may have lost all my old messages
Do you happen to know what kind of anesthesia your vet used? Since London is half your genetics surely he'd be ok with what you're were fine with. Do you know if your vet changed the dosage from other dogs or if he used a reversible anesthetic?

My two GPs both have been spayed & my half Anatolian half GP has been neutered, all with no problems with anesthesia. I agree with Danz that maybe that dog had problems with a certain drug they used. It looks like you get "alerts" at the top of the page for new posts but I haven't looked yet to see if there are any settings to get emails.

My two GPs both have been spayed & my half Anatolian half GP has been neutered, all with no problems with anesthesia. I agree with Danz that maybe that dog had problems with a certain drug they used. It looks like you get "alerts" at the top of the page for new posts but I haven't looked yet to see if there are any settings to get emails.
Another reason I was worried was because a friend of mine helps her Mom (a vet) at the clinic on a regular basis. She said that they'd lost a pyr to anesthesia during an emergency c-section and her mom had mentioned that it wasn't uncommon to loose Pyrs to a reaction to the drugs. I couldn't stand loosing London, he's the best dog I've ever had and so I'm trying to figure out the best thing to do. Did your vets have previous experience with Pyrs in particular?

I had two different Vets do the surgeries because we since changed Vets & no I don't think anybody mentioned anything about issues with GPs & anesthesia. I honestly had not heard anything about it till now. All 3 of my dogs did great & recovered quickly. The GP/Anatolian male honestly didn't even act like anything had happened. I had to confine him in his pen for a few days to let him heal & he couldn't understand why.

How did everyone fair with the storms yesterday?

We are slowly trying to integrate the two chicks into the flock and it seems to be going well... It's been going on for a couple weeks now, and they aren't uptight around each other anymore but there is still some progress that needs to be made of course!

All that being said... I think I need to start looking into building a bigger coop. The one we have currently was bought used and is definitely starting to need an upgrade.... Where should I start?

Do you happen to know what kind of anesthesia your vet used? Since London is half your genetics surely he'd be ok with what you're were fine with. Do you know if your vet changed the dosage from other dogs or if he used a reversible anesthetic?
I have used different vets for different dogs and never asked about the anesthesia used. I've never heard of any problems other than if the dog was really nervous the amount of anesthesia needs to be monitored so they don't over dose. I do know a vet clinic that uses a more advanced system is safer than one who simply gives shots. This would include having an oxygen source while they are being worked on.
How did everyone fair with the storms yesterday?

We are slowly trying to integrate the two chicks into the flock and it seems to be going well... It's been going on for a couple weeks now, and they aren't uptight around each other anymore but there is still some progress that needs to be made of course!

All that being said... I think I need to start looking into building a bigger coop. The one we have currently was bought used and is definitely starting to need an upgrade.... Where should I start?
Build it yourself...or if you aren't handy look at purchasing a used storage building or something and converting it to a chicken house. Most store bought chicken houses are way too small unless you only have a couple of hens

Back
Top Bottom