Consolidated Kansas

Yep and it looks like we have more moving in Thursday .. just in time for the district football final and the first of 3 parades. Lovely Kansas weather.

Ah, sunshine is sooooooo important! Yesterday was cloudy, so I hope they went over you folks during the night!

Alas, Georgie has flown off to Chicken Heaven, where the streets are made of plump fresh corn cobblestones and the walls crawl with bugs.

Friday night she left us, and the girls were home from school, so when I sensed it would be that day, we spent it with her and petted and loved on her. It was not fun, but we were with her when it counted, and everyone got to say goodbye. She was in her cushy dog bed she lived in while she was inside healing her pelvis this Spring, and she had treats and water nearby. She waited until I went inside briefly and was gone when I came back out.

She's off to Manhattan for a necropsy, just because I want to be certain what it was.

We're all okay now- I think it hit me worst, but I know she's better now.

any of you kansans want some fresh quail eggs for eating? i've temporarily quit hatching and the ladies didn't get the memo....i have them listed for sale on craigslist, but i'd gladly give them to any member of this forum.

just shoot me a p.m. for directions....i don't wanna try to ship them.

Aww Renee - I'm sorry. It's amazing how these little ones wrap themselves around our hearts. I know she took a piece of yours with her ... but you gave her the absolute best she could have asked for.

My prayer for you is for healing and moving on. And a big hug to go with it.

Well phooey!!
tongue.gif
It's gonna be a wet wet football game tonight!! It's been raining for hours!!! YUCK!

Quote:
That's really sweet of you. If I didn't live 4 hrs away, I'd come get some!

gonna pickle a few (500+) tonight so they'll keep longer...just in case you change your mind...
big_smile.png

that's the problem...i was trying to sell them on craigslist, but every response either wants live quail, or to give me a job that pays a million bucks a week!

Quote:
so you still have these eggs and how so quail eggs taste, I have had duck and goose eggs but not quail eggs, and if you still have some left I would be interested in some, I can pm you for directions.

Back
Top Bottom