Consolidated Kansas

Ugh, yes. It just finally cooled off (slightly) for us here this week.
Also, I just wanted to say thanks to @chicken danz for keepin this thread going and replying to posts! Thanks! :jumpy
Your welcome but I can't really take credit. @Trish44 has also consistently posted on here. The problem with BYC now is that they don't always notify you when there are new posts. So since there isn't a lot of activity we often don't check. I recently had some major surgery and wasn't able to sit at the computer. Now it seems I'm too busy to because I'm trying to catch up. I'm selling out a lot of my poultry because I can't physically handle it any more. Once I get the numbers down substantially I hope to have more time to post and try to pass along what knowledge I have.

Your welcome but I can't really take credit. @Trish44 has also consistently posted on here. The problem with BYC now is that they don't always notify you when there are new posts. So since there isn't a lot of activity we often don't check. I recently had some major surgery and wasn't able to sit at the computer. Now it seems I'm too busy to because I'm trying to catch up. I'm selling out a lot of my poultry because I can't physically handle it any more. Once I get the numbers down substantially I hope to have more time to post and try to pass along what knowledge I have.
Well, thank you both!

I agree with @chicken danz I rarely get notices of posts here. I just check at intervals. After they did a major update to the whole site they just never got that issue fixed. We welcome new comers here & hope this thread will continue on.

I am also downsizing the breeds I have to try to cut down my workload. I traded out a couple of breeds though for different ones. My arthritis is getting worse lately & I do need to cut back. I just finished hatching for the year the other day. I normally quit way before now but the guineas are later to start laying & people have wanted them this year, so I kept hatching a bit longer. I do have a few young ones left in the brooder right now that I'm not keeping if anybody is looking for any. You can send me a message on here. I also have a few bantam BBS Cochins & maybe a few other assorted chicks out in my growout pen that need a new home. The Cochins are 4-5 months old, so they will be laying soon. I have two trios of those.

I had guineas start laying really early then they quit and recently just got going heavy again. I try not to raise them but if I find a new nest I put them in the incubator. I've got some young ones now and just added some more eggs to the incubator. I just like having a few that free range to help keep the tick and snake population down. I'm overrun with ducks!! I must have a couple hundred Muscovy babies out there. I really need to get them moved out of here. I'm eliminating several breeds of chicken, selling excess miniature white turkeys. I have a trio of breeders and lots of poults I need to rehome. Lots of peacocks etc etc. Getting old has its downfalls when you can't do as much as you used to.

I am brand new to being a chicken owner. I have a one year old silkie rooster, a 15 week old silver hen and ameraucana hen, a 19 week old RIR hen. I also have 8, 4 week old buff orp mixes (5 of which turned out to be cockerels that are up for sale if anyone is interested). My kids love the chickens. It’s quite addictive. I’m hooked!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom