Consolidated Kansas

hey folks, looking for info on swaps and auctions in the southeast part of the state. i am in okla., so the closer the better for me.
any help appreciated.

Quote:
thndrdancr, Same price here. That's too pricey for me even if I WAS interested in buying. They had hatchery choice ducks today. They are soo darn cute! Love the feel of those little webbed feet in my hand. Gotta take the granddaughters to see them soon as they get more chicks in.

wee.gif

We are hatching!!! Today is 21 days for our broody Blue Orpington. 3 have hatched, the 4th is trying and three are still to go.

My youngest is doing the happy chicken dance! Since this was our first broody hen hatching, I think we will end up with a great barnyard mix and few cuckoo marans thrown in for good measure. The poor girl just picked the nest with the most eggs! So far this has been a great experience for all of the boys (as well as DH and I). Poor guy is out building them some little ramps and few things to help keep the be newest additions safe!

WHEW!

So my son and I got bored and he wanted to make an incubator. I let him do all the work. We are only useing a forty watt bulb and the temp stayed at 100° but we only let it stay to test fo one hour. Gonna fully test it this weekend and hopefully put eggs in it in two weeks.

2011-02-28094801.jpg

2011-02-28094821.jpg

Daren

-
Quote:
Cool. Better stock up on those light bulbs.

Thanks Mike.
Hey do you know where or who to contact about 4-H?

Talk to your county extension agent.....they'll be able to give you 4-H info.

Back
Top Bottom